Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Strange Happenings

Rate this question

deltaj

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

First let me state for the record that I have a strong suspicion that VARO monitors the posts here on hadit. Recently I posted on hadit that I had discovered that VARO had received additional service records in 1966 and placed those records in my husband's claims folder 2 days after his 1966 V.A. rating examination. Within 4 days after my post on hadit my husband received a letter from VARO stating that they were unable to locate a 1966 letter notifying him of the decision. I now know enough about the presumption of regularity not to argue on appeal that he wasn't notified of the 1966 decision. Instead I sent a letter recently to VARO Oakland asking that VARO prepare a Statement of Case on new and material evidence, a 1967 V.A. examination, received during the appeal period of the 1966 rating decision and I carbon copied that letter to the Chairman of the Board of Veterans Appeals. That letter mentions the service records received on a particular date and placed in the claims folder on a particular date in 1966 after the V.A. rating examination.

As the spouse of a permanently and totally disabled veteran, I am entitled to civil service preference. I recently called VARO for another civil service spouse preference letter so I could apply for a position within the census bureau. A couple of nights ago I received a phone call from someone professing to be a census employee doing the American Community Survey. I answered all the questions I was asked by phone except I refused to give the date of birth of each family member. The next day I checked out the questions for the American Community survey online and it appears someone added some extra questions about my husband into the standard questionnaire. Some of those extra questions were: What year had he last worked? Did he work last week even for one hour for profit? Was he actively looking for work? Before this there was a standard question about did he have difficulty concentrating. This may be coincidence but the timing of this conversation is very strange. I have the suspicion that this was a V.A. employee pretending to be a census employee.

Edited by deltaj

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I think that the Post Office is following me. Everywhere I go I see those mail trucks and letter carriers. I saw 6 of them today at Duncan Donuts when I got my coffee.

Bill

• HadIt.com Elder

I think if someone at VA had some strong evidence that fraud was going on then someone in the federal government might investigate. I would not lose sleep over it. I have been getting compensation for 40 years. I have been overpayed, and underpayed and not paid at all. No one ever gave a damn until I yelled about it.

Now I got worker's compensation at one point and they would spy on you using the postal inspection service as their goon squad. If you claim to be confined to a wheelchair and you are on the news as running into a burning building to save someone's cat then you might have a problem. I am paranoid but it is those damn space aliens shooting rays into my head that bother me.

• HadIt.com Elder
I think if someone at VA had some strong evidence that fraud was going on then someone in the federal government might investigate. I would not lose sleep over it. I have been getting compensation for 40 years. I have been overpayed, and underpayed and not paid at all. No one ever gave a damn until I yelled about it.

Now I got worker's compensation at one point and they would spy on you using the postal inspection service as their goon squad. If you claim to be confined to a wheelchair and you are on the news as running into a burning building to save someone's cat then you might have a problem. I am paranoid but it is those damn space aliens shooting rays into my head that bother me.

Aluminum Foil. I buy the "commercial"-grade aluminum foil that they use in restaurants, etc., I get it at Sam's Club. COMES IN A BIG BIG Container.............makes lots of the really nice little hats and caps............I always fashion mine to look like yamalkas, that way they don't think much about it when I show up, like, at synagogue. They really work good if you'll take, say, some 18-22 gauge wire and attach it to the hat then run it down your back, down your pants leg and Super Glue it to the bottom of one of your shoes. But, don't do this if it is a stormy day! Trust me on this, okay?

If you need assembly instructions just e-mail me.

You can never be TOO CAREFUL........................they'll read your thoughts and make your brainwaves go all crazy and make you paranoid! You gotta watch 'em, constantly. :P :P :o

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder
I think that the Post Office is following me. Everywhere I go I see those mail trucks and letter carriers. I saw 6 of them today at Duncan Donuts when I got my coffee.

Bill

Those were undercover cops posing as letter carriers

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I just filled out my census form

The only questions were

* No pf people in household

*Name

*Date of Birth

*Race

These are the only questions on my Official Census form, so any other questions aren't coming from the Census Bureau.

We are a Vietnam vet and vet's wife, we are not lawyers or VSO's we're just learning as we go.