Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Strange Happenings

Rate this question

deltaj

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

First let me state for the record that I have a strong suspicion that VARO monitors the posts here on hadit. Recently I posted on hadit that I had discovered that VARO had received additional service records in 1966 and placed those records in my husband's claims folder 2 days after his 1966 V.A. rating examination. Within 4 days after my post on hadit my husband received a letter from VARO stating that they were unable to locate a 1966 letter notifying him of the decision. I now know enough about the presumption of regularity not to argue on appeal that he wasn't notified of the 1966 decision. Instead I sent a letter recently to VARO Oakland asking that VARO prepare a Statement of Case on new and material evidence, a 1967 V.A. examination, received during the appeal period of the 1966 rating decision and I carbon copied that letter to the Chairman of the Board of Veterans Appeals. That letter mentions the service records received on a particular date and placed in the claims folder on a particular date in 1966 after the V.A. rating examination.

As the spouse of a permanently and totally disabled veteran, I am entitled to civil service preference. I recently called VARO for another civil service spouse preference letter so I could apply for a position within the census bureau. A couple of nights ago I received a phone call from someone professing to be a census employee doing the American Community Survey. I answered all the questions I was asked by phone except I refused to give the date of birth of each family member. The next day I checked out the questions for the American Community survey online and it appears someone added some extra questions about my husband into the standard questionnaire. Some of those extra questions were: What year had he last worked? Did he work last week even for one hour for profit? Was he actively looking for work? Before this there was a standard question about did he have difficulty concentrating. This may be coincidence but the timing of this conversation is very strange. I have the suspicion that this was a V.A. employee pretending to be a census employee.

Edited by deltaj

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Probably some VA people do monitor what we post. Tying up the loose ends (to pinpoint who/which case), could take time---they usually do not have, they are so busy (right?). Then again, may be the post's aboard Hadit helps them do a better job, as they can see which areas they continually screw up. I can imagine that some VA employees are vindictive and may use what we post--against us. However, on the other hand, I hope if they review our posts---they find more positive than negative. Hopefully, what you and others have posted will help the VA do a more concerned (honest) and efficient (timely) job. *Not "efficient" by using the shredder, but "efficient" by using: PROFICIENCY

• HadIt.com Elder

I have been filling out census forms for decades and I have never been asked any of the type questions that you indicate the census surveys were asking NONE of them have anything to do with the census I have seen where they asked if I was working or disabled but never down into the weeds about when did I last work did I even work one hour for pay etc personally I don't care if the VA reads what I write they know who I am because of my claims issues my claim sticks out like a sore thumb I went to BVA and won after a half dozen SOs told me that I would never win my claim the attorney used their law to prove my case I had plenty of medical evidence they just refused to deal with exposures to chemical weapons and drugs human experimentation claims go about one inch with the VA all denied thats one of the reasons the http://edgewoodtestvets.org/ are suing DOD, Army and CIA seeking medical care and admissions by these agencies of what they did from 1955 thru 1975 to 7120 enlisted men and women

have you ever seen any forms working at the Census agency that goes this far into the weeds of personal questions with anyone? I would be shocked to learn they are asking americans these type of questions

There are numerous articles in the news about scam artists using the Census to obtain personal information; which is another thing you may consider, as the VA has lost a lot of data over the years. It is not only the VA, but other sources having personal information have been compromised too. Identity theft is out there, and still growing.

As far as the VA monitoring this site, I dunno... Which bring to mind the question of "Who watches the watchers?"

It is a good thing to be aware, and lots of us have no problem with being paranoid! I monitor my bank account daily. One day I overheard my wife giving her SSN to someone over the phone, and read her the riot act about giving out personal information to who knows who. She then told me that she called the company, they needed her SSN for verification, and it was not an unknown call from the outside. I let her go on that one...

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't care if the VA monitors this site. I doubt they do it. They don't give a damn about vets. They are too busy drinking coffee and dreaming about when they can retire. What we should realize is that the VA could care less about the vet community. They only care about pensions and their weekends. I believe they have a certain unstated quota on the number of claims they will approve. Only when that number gets out of whack do they get concerned. It is really going to get out of whack soon, but that only means they will make it harder to get SC'ed by inventing new regs. They don't need to spy on us. They screw vets by doing like they are doing with the IHD AO regs. They can stall and wait til we die. Why spy when they kill us by the thousands through neglect?

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA does have investigation personnel at the Local RO's. These folks go out into the world and to keep an eye on veterans.

I know this to be a certain fact.

Dont ever under any circumstances use your personal information on this site. That includes your name.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

I think that the VA does monitor Hadit but that may not be a bad thing as they need to know when they should make improvements. As most know we also have a couple of people who either work for VA or have retired who help out on Hadit and we certainly appreciate their input.

All Hadit expects from Members is that they not attack other Members and that they don't suggest anything to other Members that could be considered as breaking a law.