Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Approved At 50%

Rate this topic

Carolinda

This is GREAT News! Relax and enjoy this victory.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations!

Thank you everyone for your kind words and encouragement ... I am going to try for a higher rating.

Regarding the VSO ... when I went in to find out what I needed to do she referred to me as a 'malcontent' ... and said it wasn't worth her time to file on my behalf ... only after my VA therapist called and spoke with her did she agree to file (and in two years I only had contact with her three times ... so much fo her help)... when I finally got my C&P, the examiner asked why, oh, why had I not filed earlier ... that mine was a classic case, and he would put in the strongest language possible for 70% ... The VSO person had been doing her job for 20 years ... and I'm thinking she may have just had a prejudice against women in the military ... I'm also thinking maybe it's time for her to retire!

It was only my repeated trips to hadit.com, the advice to be persistent, never take no for an answer, and help in dealing with the C &P (the only advice I got from the VSO, when I asked what to expect, was to be on time)

thanks again everyone ... reading through the forum helped a lot as well :-)

• HadIt.com Elder

Carolina:

You might ask to work with a different VSO or change the organization that represents you. Do it before you appeal they hate to make changes when you are dealing with VARO.

Many have found Hadit to be the best Veterans Rep that they can get.

Good Luck. If you are not working and don't have it file for Social Security.

• HadIt.com Elder

Carolinda - You did it! Give yourself A BIG HAPPY reward for hanging in there to get 'whats due you'! Yes, two years is awesome timing. Please double check your decision effective date and any monies due you. Remember, you can now count on your self with a little help from your freinds here~!

All the best to ya dear,

Cowgirl'up,2,3,4......

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use