Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

How Many People Are Waiting On Appeal?

Rate this question

retiredat44

Question

How many people are waiting on appeal, and how long has your appeal been pending for an answer of approved or denied?

I am in month 5.

Appeal sent in about Novemember 2009, with help of my VSO.

=============

• Answers 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Mags

I am thinking if he has new evidence of increased disability or new evidence that he is service connected then he can reopen the claim. Since he did not keep his claim on continuous appeal he has lost his earlier effective date for an increase or for service connection. This is how I understand it, and this is why you never want to drop your appeals. The VA can deny you over and over, but if your appeals are active you can get the EED when you finally win if you win. Most claims are won eventually if there is any evidence. The only other way to do it is to file a CUE, but this is the hard way.

Is he filing for an increase or for orginal service connection?

Please try to keep this as a survery thread..

thanx..

also trying to make sure that this is appeals, and first time appeals,, if 2nd, 3rd and 4th appeals are added this survey gets muddy..

because if this is say 2nd appeal, than it is not indicative of the length of time of the first appeal..

so please, state if it is an appeal,, maybe a just a little info about the appeal.. and length of time the claim has been on appeal.

If you have a 2nd appeal, or more please use a new thread..

thanx..

Edited by retiredat44

I don't know if it is considered an appeal, but my current claim for secondary issues to my last claim has been waiting at the DRO level. I know it is only a review at the same VA of original juriisdiction, but I have been waiting around 1 year now.

I've completed sending them all my evidence and reason and basis for my claim, so if the DRO stamps it denied, then I'll have appeal it to the BVA, whic will be my first timee at that level, should it go that far.

I'm just worried when they start putting our claims on the computor, we are going to find out a lot of stuff, not having been inputted, just as if they had lost the information in the past. So just make sure you have copies of everthing and kept in a safe and dry place.

Rockhound Rider :D