Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Ssdi At 70% Sc

Rate this question

drm65

Question

I was denied ssdi at 70% and did not appeal, Now I am tdiu, so I reaplied for ssdi, at 100% tdiu, will social securtity dissability take that under consideration?

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

I was denied ssdi at 70% and did not appeal, Now I am tdiu, so I reaplied for ssdi, at 100% tdiu, will social securtity dissability take that under consideration?

As far as my lawyer has told me, yes! But she wanted me to get the VRE counselors' letter stating that I was unemployable! That letter is what decided my claim for TDIU! I'm currently awaiting on said letter myself to turn over to my lawyer for my case against SSD! I've been denied twice at 70%, but now at 100%. I'm currently waiting to see the judge!

Both of us should be a "shoe-in" for SSD!

Good Luck

God Speed!

B6

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, SSDI will take the VA's determination under consideration. You should appeal the SSDI denial and NOT reapply. By reapplying you will lose your earlier claim date. I believe you have 4 yrs to appeal their denial and if your disability is mental you can get the 4 yr deadline waived.

pr

As far as my lawyer has told me, yes! But she wanted me to get the VRE counselors' letter stating that I was unemployable! That letter is what decided my claim for TDIU! I'm currently awaiting on said letter myself to turn over to my lawyer for my case against SSD! I've been denied twice at 70%, but now at 100%. I'm currently waiting to see the judge!

Both of us should be a "shoe-in" for SSD!

Good Luck

God Speed!

B6

I also got a letter from my vre, which stated I was unemployable, it helped decide my tdiu claim, thats why I reapplied for ssdi at 100%, I just hope the va and social security are in agreement, thankyou for the imput and info

• HadIt.com Elder

I got SSD before IU. The standards for SSD are that you are totally disabled from all work for at least one year. You can't even get paid for 6 months after filing. It is a much more efficient system of evidence and appeals than the VA, but the standards are more harsh than for IU. That is why there is a cottage industry surrounding SSD judges and lawyers. Probably 75% of those who get SSD get a lawyer. With VA probably 1-2% get lawyers to get IU. Vets get VSO's and we know what they are often worth.