VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Flat Out Denied

Rate this question

drm65

Question

I am tdiu service connected at 100%, but the ssdi denied me, I seemed to get a generic letter from them denying me, Im not even sure what they looked at, I dont think they looked at my full va medical records, should I just get a lawyer for the appeal, any good lawyers out there?

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I am tdiu service connected at 100%, but the ssdi denied me, I seemed to get a generic letter from them denying me, Im not even sure what they looked at, I dont think they looked at my full va medical records, should I just get a lawyer for the appeal, any good lawyers out there?

My husband is rated 100% schedular disabled, not TDIU. We contacted Binder and Binder in NYC to handle the Social Security disability application at the very start of the application process, we did not wait around for a first-time denial. Binder and Binder won't take a case unless they believe they can win it, and they don't get paid unless you win your SS disability claim -- no money is due up front. My husband's application was approved on the first go-around. They do nothing but SS disability applications and they're excellent at it.

We never met with them in person (we live down south, not in the northeast). Everything was done through the mail, over the phone, e-mail or fax. I can't say enough good about their thoroughness and professionalism. Should the application have been denied, they would have assigned a local attorney to represent my husband at the ALJ hearing locally, but fortunately, we never needed one.

They filed the initial application in September, the approval letter came the following February (coverage began in March), and the out of pocket cost (since there was no appeal and no retro accrued)was $1,000. It was worth every penny.

My husband is rated 100% schedular disabled, not TDIU. We contacted Binder and Binder in NYC to handle the Social Security disability application at the very start of the application process, we did not wait around for a first-time denial. Binder and Binder won't take a case unless they believe they can win it, and they don't get paid unless you win your SS disability claim -- no money is due up front. My husband's application was approved on the first go-around. They do nothing but SS disability applications and they're excellent at it.

We never met with them in person (we live down south, not in the northeast). Everything was done through the mail, over the phone, e-mail or fax. I can't say enough good about their thoroughness and professionalism. Should the application have been denied, they would have assigned a local attorney to represent my husband at the ALJ hearing locally, but fortunately, we never needed one.

They filed the initial application in September, the approval letter came the following February (coverage began in March), and the out of pocket cost (since there was no appeal and no retro accrued)was $1,000. It was worth every penny.

I did end up hiring binder and binder and Im currently filling out the forms they have sent me regaurding my case okay thanks for the input

• HadIt.com Elder
I did end up hiring binder and binder and Im currently filling out the forms they have sent me regaurding my case okay thanks for the input

Good luck. Seems like SS is worse than VA????? I declined the hassle, when I had that window open up for me, many years ago.

• HadIt.com Elder

Every town has a SSA lawyer. It is big business. The system is actually employment security for many lawyers and judges. Most who get SSD get lawyers. I got lucky and got it the first go round. Of course, my doctors wrote reports that made me seem just a little bit more capable than a cabbage. If I had been a horse they would have shot me.