VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo Question

Rate this question

slangpdx

Question

My vet rep already filed an NOD. I found an MD whose office said he would do an IMO and understands the issue and what format they want for a report, etc.

Can I give him my own copies of my active duty and current records, or do they have to be officially sent from the VA for the IMO to be considered 'valid'?

Also, after reading the responses to another one of my posts it might have been better to file a request for reconsideration rather than an NOD, which was already filed on Friday. Am I wasting my time with the IMO at this point, or should I do it anyway to make sure it is in the record?

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

Can I give him my own copies of my active duty and current records, or do they have to be officially sent from the VA for the IMO to be considered 'valid'?

Am I wasting my time with the IMO at this point, or should I do it anyway to make sure it is in the record?

slang,

Yes, you can supply the IMO doc with a copy of SMR/STR's and your other medical records.

That depends on the disability - the Reason and Bases for the denial or lowball

and what the doctor will state in writing in the IMO.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Reconsiderations require new evidence as far as I know. You don't want to just send your claim back to the same people who denied the first time without some powerful new evidence. I do not think there is a magic pill that speeds up the VA claims process. I have found the DRO process to be pretty successful, but it also helps to have new evidence in that case as well. Just imagine you are a lawyer trying to win your clients case. You don't just go in and argue the same facts. You get new facts or new cases as presendent to show the court made an error when they convicted your client. You want to really bury the VA in positive evidence since that is what wins claims.