Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Greetings Brother Vets

Rate this question

Mark C

Question

I'm Mark C, former Navy, UDT/Seal Teams West coast. Hello to everybody. I joined Hadit to get some help with getting a service connection for back problems that have got me laid up nowadays. Been going on 4 1/2 years trying to get this.

Somewhat frustrating to say the least.

• Answers 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

MarkC

Are you still here? testvet is right. I was trained on how to win claims for back injuries under labor law prior to MRI's. I have helped veterans. If you were not provided an MRI or xrays were negative the claim will hinge on the length of time you reported symptoms in the military. Another issue will be how old you were at the time you started getting ongoing treatment for a chronic back condition after service.

Edited by Hoppy

MarkC Post here what you are needing ans you will get oyhers opinions. Welcome here to a place where you can ask anything and others will bend over backwards to assist you. ;)

• HadIt.com Elder
I'm Mark C, former Navy, UDT/Seal Teams West coast. Hello to everybody. I joined Hadit to get some help with getting a service connection for back problems that have got me laid up nowadays. Been going on 4 1/2 years trying to get this.

Somewhat frustrating to say the least.

Greetings Mark C, welcome aboard.

Do you have a copy of your military service records, showing that your back was injured in service?

Here is a link..

http://www.archives.gov/veterans/military-...ce-records.html

( Look on the left side of the link and it will direct you over to other med records, etc. )

Edited by Commander Bob

MarkC..

Its a sad situation when a 4.5 year delay does not even get a "rise". Many of us have waited longer than that for our benefits, my wait was 7 years, and I found it to be about typical..with some taking longer, and some taking less time. I mention this because some people will make you "feel better" by telling you that you should get your compensation check any day. Then, you are really angry when you find out they lied to you. I sent an IRIS in 2006 asking the status of my claim and they indicated that it was farmed out to Roanoke RO, and that I can expect an answer in 6 -8 weeks. I waited more than 2 years for an answer. I dont think the IRIS people make those promises anymore, but, who knows?

Have you received your initial RO decision? Did you get a VCAA letter acknowledging receipt of your claim? Did you appeal it? If so, what type of appeal? DRO review, DRO hearing?..To offer advice, we need more information, and pardon me, if you posted it elsewhere and I did not see it.

Thanks everybody for the kind greetings and responses. My appealed, remanded claim has been sent back here to the "AOJ" (original doctor).

I should get his "reconsidered" report and letter soon.

The question BVA is asking the doctor is if my Seal Team service is, is it more likely than not the cause of the origin of my degenerative disc disease was the physical demands of Seal training and service.

I would think the answer would be an easy yes. But....