Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Filing For Tdiu

Rate this question

Philip Rogers

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

FYI - I recommend to all my non-working claimants that they file a TDIU application with their original claim, or as soon as possible, if they've already filed a claim. This saves them a loss of years of TDIU benefits when they subsequently win their claim. jmo

pr

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

PR

Very good tip. Thanks

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Where can I the TDIU form at? I got SC 40% total last month, 0% hearing loss right ear, 10% tinnitus, 30% PTSD (appealing this rating). But have since read that you do not need 70% to file IU. Have also applied for SSD.

Thanks in advance!

• HadIt.com Elder

http://www.vba.va.gov/pubs/forms/VBA-21-8940-ARE.pdf

You can fill it out (it's a PDF file) online, print it out and send to them (proof of delivery, etc., etc.), always print out a copy fer yerself to keep, also.

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

Where can I the TDIU form at? I got SC 40% total last month, 0% hearing loss right ear, 10% tinnitus, 30% PTSD (appealing this rating). But have since read that you do not need 70% to file IU. Have also applied for SSD.

Thanks in advance!

You can file for TDIU at anytime you want, that is true. But realistically you prob will not get it until you have at least one SC at 60% or a total of 70% with one sc at least at 40%. Unless there unusual circumstances, the VA hardly ever grants TDIU without those ratings. But yes if you do file now, and are denied, the claim stays open.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you can prove via the evidence that you can't work due to your PTSD then you can get your IU. The VA will adjust your rating to justify IU. Not being able to work is the factor in PTSD claims that makes the differnce between 30-50% rating and IU or 100%. I can't prove this, but I believe this is how they get around 4.16b. You need a psychiatrist to say you can't work due to your PTSD. I filed for IU when I was 30% and then worked my claim. I got SSD and that helped I think.

I haven't worked for almost 3 years because of my condition. The meds keep getting higher doses to keep up with me. And psychologist notes should say my condition has worsened since filing. I've talked to my VSO about it, and he wants to get the claim started started. I'm also going to talk to both my psychologist and psychiatrist about it.