• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Thanks To All Of You!

Rate this topic

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NKelly, Now it's time to finish that beast of your. Get a real comfy bed and put in some air and a good heater. Enjoy your win and your travels too. Good to hear you got it!!

• HadIt.com Elder

Kelly,

Great,wonderful news.Be good to yourself & enjoy your travels.

Don

Wow- thanks so much for all the well-wishes!

Answers to your questions:

Carlie: "Did they say if it is P&T - Chapter 35 bennies & no future exams ?"

It says aid for dependents is established under Chapter 35 (although I have no dependents). The letter I got from VRO before receiving package said "no future exams scheduled" but this paperwork doesn't say that.

State Benefits: I've done good bit of free camping in Oregon and have the permanent vet plates on truck. (I think those might even help with people leaving me alone when parking in cities etc)

Our Portland VRO clerk is excellent and put me in for the National Parks Passport back before I thought I'd use it - just saved me $25 driving thru Yellowstone and has come in handy many other times.

I donated the queen-sized futon to Goodwill and got a sleeping bag as I'm trying to lighten the load and consider scaling down to a work van. Trouble is, I have so much invested in this truck now (with engine replacement) I'll probably just keep it.

We've been enjoying adventures and I just got a new toy- a used metal detector that can find gold. The streams/rivers are kind of dangerous for klutzy me so it should be better searching on dry land. Here's a photo of just a short search in a parking area yesterday: Metal detector finds

The plan is to continue summering in Pacific Northwest - please let me know where y'all live if you'd like a visit; no telling where we might head.

For those unaware of what we're talking about- In November 2009 I won Social Security disability and moved out of an apartment into a 16 foot box truck. My dog and I have been traveling the country on adventures. More details HERE under Kovert Kamper.

Thanks again y'all!

• Founder

took a look at your blog, living the life in that box truck, eh? rolleyes.gif honest, i am really glad you found us and you are filling every moment of your life with something good. Fair winds and following sea's brother.

Wow- thanks so much for all the well-wishes!

Answers to your questions:

Carlie: "Did they say if it is P&T - Chapter 35 bennies & no future exams ?"

It says aid for dependents is established under Chapter 35 (although I have no dependents). The letter I got from VRO before receiving package said "no future exams scheduled" but this paperwork doesn't say that.

State Benefits: I've done good bit of free camping in Oregon and have the permanent vet plates on truck. (I think those might even help with people leaving me alone when parking in cities etc)

Our Portland VRO clerk is excellent and put me in for the National Parks Passport back before I thought I'd use it - just saved me $25 driving thru Yellowstone and has come in handy many other times.

I donated the queen-sized futon to Goodwill and got a sleeping bag as I'm trying to lighten the load and consider scaling down to a work van. Trouble is, I have so much invested in this truck now (with engine replacement) I'll probably just keep it.

We've been enjoying adventures and I just got a new toy- a used metal detector that can find gold. The streams/rivers are kind of dangerous for klutzy me so it should be better searching on dry land. Here's a photo of just a short search in a parking area yesterday: Metal detector finds

The plan is to continue summering in Pacific Northwest - please let me know where y'all live if you'd like a visit; no telling where we might head.

For those unaware of what we're talking about- In November 2009 I won Social Security disability and moved out of an apartment into a 16 foot box truck. My dog and I have been traveling the country on adventures. More details HERE under Kovert Kamper.

Thanks again y'all!

Edited by Tbird
spelling

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use