VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Cavc And Dro Review Process

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello All Hope All Is Well

My Question according to the VARO POC he told me until the file is returned from CAVC they can not proceed with DRO review.

If that is the case and they also have C-File on disk why not.Is this another delay tactic?

Next question with this already in the mix along with a CUE.I now have had sleep study and recieved CPAP and while in Hospital on active duty sleep issues, since sleep issues are present was going to add another request for sleep apnea.

Or should I wait for decisions from both agencies? Thank You Mc very frustrating!!!!!!

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If this was my claim I would wait to file the sleep apnea but as soon as I got any decision from DRO I would file it.

Good Luck

Hello All Hope All Is Well

My Question according to the VARO POC he told me until the file is returned from CAVC they can not proceed with DRO review.

If that is the case and they also have C-File on disk why not.Is this another delay tactic?

Next question with this already in the mix along with a CUE.I now have had sleep study and recieved CPAP and while in Hospital on active duty sleep issues, since sleep issues are present was going to add another request for sleep apnea.

Or should I wait for decisions from both agencies? Thank You Mc very frustrating!!!!!!

I don't wait and don't think any vet should wait. It might slow the claims process, but the ED will be established. The longer you wait the more money you stand to lose.

JMO,

Bergie

• HadIt.com Elder

Mcafee

What are you trying to accomplish? Are you trying to get IU or 100%? Will decision from CAVA make that happen? If so I don't think I would add more fish to the kettle at this time. Get your IU or 100% and then worry about CUE's and additional claims. You can take it up as a hobby. It seems to me the more you add to this mix the more bogged down you can get. Keep your eye on the balls you have in the air now. If you have more than a couple of claims going I don't know how you keep track and I know the VA can mix them up and make gigantic mess.

• HadIt.com Elder

All additional claims will be put in a temporary file until your c-file returns. They will follow the instructions of the CAVC but very slowly. I would file it now, as it won't effect the speed of your claim but could lose you money if you wait. jmo

pr

• HadIt.com Elder

I agree with Phillip. Also, if any of your disabilities keep you from being employed, for gosh sakes, file for TDIU (VA form 21-8940) NOW! :rolleyes:

• HadIt.com Elder

All I can say is I had two claims going at the same time. One was a dental claim and one was an increase for MH issue. The VA got the evidence from civilian doctors mixed up and was quoting my dentist regarding my MH claim and vice versa. I know you want to protect effective date. Just be careful with VA mixing your claims up and getting evidence out of whack. You are not dealing with Mensa. You are dealing with the VA.