Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

And, The V A People Wonder Why We Veterans.....

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Could it be things like THIS!

THREE opinions positive for PTSD.

Receiving TREATMENT FROM A VA PSYCHIATRIST AND TWO VA PSYCHOLOGISTS for PTSD!

Fourteen Months in I Corps.

USMC

....and he gets this!

post-1306-016209300 1280362944_thumb.jpg

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Answers 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I suggest Larry and James go to Google Docs and you can share the files and look them over. Its free.

You can register under aliases and not give out your info.

I use it as a training tool.

J

Edited by jbasser

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

• HadIt.com Elder

I suggest Larry and James go to Google Docs and you can share the files and look them over. Its free.

You can register under aliases and not give out your info.

I use it as a training tool.

J

that's fine, only problem being I've got to digitize the VA C&P before there can be any files TO "share" (no scanner, it's "broken").

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

I suspect Larry's veteran doesn't actually have PTSD, but would have to see the C&P exam.

On the other hand, I might find a fatal flaw in the exam and opinon, and he may get it yet.

Larry needs a new scanner.

*/ The comments and opinions expressed above are solely those of the commenter in their personal capacity and do not in any way represent the Department of Veterans Affairs. */

• HadIt.com Elder

I suspect Larry's veteran doesn't actually have PTSD, but would have to see the C&P exam.

On the other hand, I might find a fatal flaw in the exam and opinon, and he may get it yet.

Larry needs a new scanner.

I'm picking meself up a new scanner this evening (well, after my Wife gets home from work, whenever that may be) and I'll get that C&P scanned and posted!

Tanks, guys/dolls, later.

Chief Joseph

For countless generations mankind held to the false belief that war had no lasting effect on the human spirit of those that truly bore the battle. Up until the recent past, war related stress disorders were considered just a manifestation of poor personal self discipline, or fearful cowardice. Sometimes, perhaps, labeled low-life self-medicated alcohol or drug abusers...

JMHO. This will linger until the noncombatants who judge us, realize that war is hell.

James being of very low intelligence, after all I was in the Air Force (our side I think), and a non combat flunky stationed on the Mekong river the VBA and the BVA decided long ago hat I was too stupid to realize i was dying. I was diagnosed with NHL June 2003 by the VA but did not file a claim until 10 January 2005 since as I said am not he brightest bulb in the chnadelier; and "God" forbid anyone gives a Vietnam Era Veteran a heads up. Coming up on six years of hell I am no closer to a favorable decision than I was in 2005. Let me say that the VAMC Has PROVIDED ME EXCELLENT CARE. Perhaps (l'm whispering this now) you or some one on HADIT how the VAMC treats me for cancer (NHL) and other follow on conditions to same. I have as I said never received an award for exposure to AO. I was treated over a year and a half before ever filed a claim for AO. The VA Judge even had my VSO file an advancement on the docket

which due to the seriousness of the diagnosis was granted by the BVA. This same Judge has denied me twice and I up at bat before the BVA once again. \\

May I add I now have six serious conditions attributable to AO exposure. Even open heart surgery......too far out to explain as I am tired and need to get some sleep.

Well oiled maachine, organized, gooda t what they do, award monies to their own pockets, YES YES YES the VA are pros they are brilliant people. Their marching orders are to deny until they die.

Rant ? No ! Just a tired sick Veteran they gave twenty years of service to their country. Perhaps the Hippies were right!!!

Too the VHA VAMC I sincerely thank you........to the Compensation and Pensions personnel...you mark your own grade!!!!!

Randall and thanks to all, I do feel better.