Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

And, The V A People Wonder Why We Veterans.....

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Could it be things like THIS!

THREE opinions positive for PTSD.

Receiving TREATMENT FROM A VA PSYCHIATRIST AND TWO VA PSYCHOLOGISTS for PTSD!

Fourteen Months in I Corps.

USMC

....and he gets this!

post-1306-016209300 1280362944_thumb.jpg

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Answers 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I do not think VA employees care what we, the veterans, think about them.

However, since I have been trying to advocate for veterans in a serious way, so far about a year now, I have noticed that the VA has a "meat grinder" system that springs into action whenever a veteran begins to become VOCAL with his complaints about the VA.

I am still doing research on the subject, but I strongly suspect the VA unleashes its Field Investigative Service people and VA police to conduct slander campaigns against any veteran trying to expose VA corruption. The lawsuit in Bay Pines that is set to become a SECOND lawsuit, the VA's actions down south with Jerry Woodward, and upcoming lawsuit in at the VA VAMC, and most importantly the Waco VAMC police scandal shows us clearly that the VA is a spectacularly evil organization and that the VA plays very very dirty at the slightest provocation.

So be as angry as you want over this PTSD denial, just don't get too loud about it. Because if you DO, be ready for the VA police to begin gathering your credit card and phone records, and the VA Field Investigative Service to go to every business you visit and tell them you are a drunken wife-beating pedophile.

The VA has had 40 years to perfect its response to whistle-blowers, so watch your back when you talk about VA blatant corruption.

Never mentioned anything about "blatant corruption"...............just a screwball denial of one veteran's obvious (well, obvious to me, anyway) righteous claim. And, I have spent several years attesting to the equally righteous treatment that I, personally, have received at the hands of the VA. They have, literally, saved me from harming myself, they have treated and brought under controll as best as anyone can, my severe depression, they have provided me with the best hearing aids that money can buy, and new eyeglasses, and have almost always treated me with a smile.

So, no, I don't think that they will be sending their employees out to my local 7-11 to tell them that I am a wife-beating pedophile.

I, also, unlike yourself, don't feel that I am quite THAT IMPORTANT in the scheme of things.:rolleyes: I don't think that 60 Minutes, or 20-20, or Chet Huntley or David Brinkley or Mickey Mouse is going to be doing any interviews with me, or anyone else that I think that I know!

I do know that I make an excellent cup of Kona and that I am, ALMOST, the best cooker of Smoked Meats within miles of where I may be smokin' at the time!

You be good now, ya hear?

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Chief Joseph

• HadIt.com Elder

Not everyone has PTSD. And not everyone's PTSD is due to in-service stressors. There's a whole universe of mental illnesses out there, and I have seen almost all of them claimed as PTSD when it's really not.

Prior to 1981, no combat or traumatized veteran was diagnosed with PTSD by a C&P exam or the VA... How do we go back and correct all the misdiagnoses and decades of mistaken treatment plans that litter a veteran's record?

JMHO...It is more convenient to blame the veteran.

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

...Some vets are mentally ill. That doesn't mean that what's wrong with them is PTSD though. Sometimes the C&P exams say things like "This veteran doesn't suffer from PTSD, he suffers from drug induced psychosis due to crack addiction." Or sometimes it's bipolar or schizophrenia or just depression, but whatever it is, it's not PTSD....

For countless generations mankind held to the false belief that war had no lasting effect on the human spirit of those that truly bore the battle. Up until the recent past, war related stress disorders were considered just a manifestation of poor personal self discipline, or fearful cowardice. Sometimes, perhaps, labeled low-life self-medicated alcohol or drug abusers...

JMHO. This will linger until the noncombatants who judge us, realize that war is hell.

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

• HadIt.com Elder

I do not think VA employees care what we, the veterans, think about them.

However, since I have been trying to advocate for veterans in a serious way, so far about a year now, I have noticed that the VA has a "meat grinder" system that springs into action whenever a veteran begins to become VOCAL with his complaints about the VA.

I am still doing research on the subject, but I strongly suspect the VA unleashes its Field Investigative Service people and VA police to conduct slander campaigns against any veteran trying to expose VA corruption. The lawsuit in Bay Pines that is set to become a SECOND lawsuit, the VA's actions down south with Jerry Woodward, and upcoming lawsuit in at the VA VAMC, and most importantly the Waco VAMC police scandal shows us clearly that the VA is a spectacularly evil organization and that the VA plays very very dirty at the slightest provocation.

So be as angry as you want over this PTSD denial, just don't get too loud about it. Because if you DO, be ready for the VA police to begin gathering your credit card and phone records, and the VA Field Investigative Service to go to every business you visit and tell them you are a drunken wife-beating pedophile.

The VA has had 40 years to perfect its response to whistle-blowers, so watch your back when you talk about VA blatant corruption.

(emphasis added by me)

I know some vets are pretty frustrated with the VA. And the good Lord knows that we've made our share of poor decisions. But a well-oiled machine that has perfected its responses to ANYTHING is not a description I would use to describe us. We can't even get a good definition of what "ischemic heart disease" is, and we have a one million claim backlog. You're giving us FAR too much credit, Cruithne. Are you sure you're not thinking of Halliburton? :)

Larry, when are you going to get that C&P exam posted? I'd like to look over it.

Edited by JamesBreckenridge

*/ The comments and opinions expressed above are solely those of the commenter in their personal capacity and do not in any way represent the Department of Veterans Affairs. */

• HadIt.com Elder

The VA's hounds of hell may spring into action after being unleashed but first they have to piss on a few trees along the way, chase a cat and take a nap. I think if you bang on the right drums you can get anything you want form them. It takes time, but it is a dumb system. The people are not dumb but the system is dumb.

• HadIt.com Elder

(emphasis added by me)

I know some vets are pretty frustrated with the VA. And the good Lord knows that we've made our share of poor decisions. But a well-oiled machine that has perfected its responses to ANYTHING is not a description I would use to describe us. We can't even get a good definition of what "ischemic heart disease" is, and we have a one million claim backlog. You're giving us FAR too much credit, Cruithne. Are you sure you're not thinking of Halliburton? :)

Larry, when are you going to get that C&P exam posted? I'd like to look over it.

James, as soon as I get a NEW "Mulit-Function Printer, Scanner, FAX & Copier". Or, as an alternative, as soon as I can get back down to my little office at the VAMC and use the multi-function machine that belongs to me, that I had to take to the VAMC for use in my little office. It seems that my 6-MONTH old scanner, etc, etc, etc, that I bought for my home has gone ten toes UP. I was having trouble getting it to scan the pages that I DID scan just the other night.........now, now I can't even get the thing to come on.

Be patient with me. I don't handle "disruptions" to my well-laid-out plans with either grace or aplomb.:blink:

:biggrin:

Chief Joseph