Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

And, The V A People Wonder Why We Veterans.....

Rate this question

LarryJ

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Could it be things like THIS!

THREE opinions positive for PTSD.

Receiving TREATMENT FROM A VA PSYCHIATRIST AND TWO VA PSYCHOLOGISTS for PTSD!

Fourteen Months in I Corps.

USMC

....and he gets this!

post-1306-016209300 1280362944_thumb.jpg

"It is cold and we have no blankets.

The little children are freezing to death.

My people, some of them, have run away to the hills, and have no blankets, no food; no one knows where they are-perhaps freezing to death.

I want to have time to look for my children and see how many of them I can find.

Maybe I shall find them among the dead.

Hear me, my chiefs! I am tired; my heart is sick and sad.

From where the sun now stands, I will fight no more forever."

Chief Joseph

• Answers 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

If I understand Carlie the VA still makes PTSD very hard to Service Connect as opposed to conditions that may be comorbid.

Example of a claim I tried to help a Veteran on but best could do was get a pension. Veteran was 6'6 could not fit in rack on Carrier became hugely depressed as his wife and child were home but besides that he got into a knockdown drag out fight with his chief with actual blows exchanged is diagnosed with PTSD by VA and jumped off the flight deck was rescued and got a General Discharge. He has a pension and for the most part is ok with that, I just feel that I failed him but like most people who have PTSD he is incredibly difficult to work with.

My success if I can claim any is he now see's a psychologist at VA fairly regularly. He has all the classic symptoms including never working at anything, living in Jungle for years at a time, multiple marriages, drinking and drugging, lives in a house in the country with 3 solar panels and 2 batteries for electricity and a cell phone that does not work where he lives, no email and no physical address.

Has the VA made it easier for someone like him?

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you get a DX from a C&P exam that says although you have confirmed stressor for ptsd you have a mood disorder this won't help you much if you have been out of military for 20 years, and have no record of being treated for mental health condition in service. Even if your doctor says he believes your depression is related to your service if your records are "silent" on any DX and/or treatment for depression you are up the creek. Where is the nexus? A doctor can't create a nexus if there is no evidence to back it up. Otherwise any vet with a MH issue would already be SC'ed. PTSD is the only one I know where all is required is stressor and DX.

I do not think VA employees care what we, the veterans, think about them.

However, since I have been trying to advocate for veterans in a serious way, so far about a year now, I have noticed that the VA has a "meat grinder" system that springs into action whenever a veteran begins to become VOCAL with his complaints about the VA.

I am still doing research on the subject, but I strongly suspect the VA unleashes its Field Investigative Service people and VA police to conduct slander campaigns against any veteran trying to expose VA corruption. The lawsuit in Bay Pines that is set to become a SECOND lawsuit, the VA's actions down south with Jerry Woodward, and upcoming lawsuit in at the VA VAMC, and most importantly the Waco VAMC police scandal shows us clearly that the VA is a spectacularly evil organization and that the VA plays very very dirty at the slightest provocation.

So be as angry as you want over this PTSD denial, just don't get too loud about it. Because if you DO, be ready for the VA police to begin gathering your credit card and phone records, and the VA Field Investigative Service to go to every business you visit and tell them you are a drunken wife-beating pedophile.

The VA has had 40 years to perfect its response to whistle-blowers, so watch your back when you talk about VA blatant corruption.

• HadIt.com Elder

I think you can get what you want from the VA by using the system to embarrass them in-house and to disrupt the lives of VA officials in a way that causes them to take time out of their day to shut you up. The easiest way for them to shut up a single vet is to give them what they want as long as you don't let the cat out of the bag. I recently did send a letter to the director of medical services at my VAMC and to my astonishment I got an immediate response. Doctors and administrators at the VA work under constraints most medical professionals would not tolerate. If you make a fuss the right way I think you can almost get anything you want. The VA is like a big, fat whale that can't swim. Just be a shark and stroll up and take a bite.