Filed Application 7/20

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Well got a packet today from the SS and asking me all kinds of questions on my everyday functions? It looks like from reading their site that this is the 4th step and they have not been able to grant my claim to this point and need this function report to decide.

Am I reading this correct or is this just always done?

• HadIt.com Elder

Well got a packet today from the SS and asking me all kinds of questions on my everyday functions? It looks like from reading their site that this is the 4th step and they have not been able to grant my claim to this point and need this function report to decide.

Am I reading this correct or is this just always done?

Stillhere,

This is standard. When hubby filed for SSD, he was sent a whole bunch of stuff including the daily function stuff. Since SS is interested in how you are affected by your disabilities/problems, they needed this info to make a decision. Also it could be to see if additional help might be needed.

I wish you the best on this journey.

fanaticbooks

• HadIt.com Elder

That paperwork on your ability to function is important. Fill it out as you would on your very worst day of the year. If the form asks if you need help with daily chores of living say "yes". If your meds make it hard for you to get around unassisted let them know. If you have ever fallen let them know. If in doubt think worst case.

Thanks all! I was about having a an anxiety attack over this and just give up.

My PTSD seems to kick in for the slightest little aggravation out of the norm! I have a time of filling out papers and finishing things in general. My wife really puts up with a lot from me.

I will try and fill this out later today or over the weekend I am just annoyed I have to do this but I will.

well finally finished the function paper work and put it in the mail. Took me almost a month and once I started almost 8 hrs.of writing!!

My PTSD really plays hell with my head and getting stuff done and memory is just wasted! I probably blew the whole damn thing but at least I got it in.

I really hated doing that. Sometimes I feel pretty good and think I could race the teenager down the block but in reality I know I would never get out of the blocks!! Ha Ha!

Anyhow screw it I will just sit and wait and hope for a decent Christmas!