Filed Application 7/20

Rate this question

stillhere

Question

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

About the 3-4 weeks ago the lady handling this locally called and wanted the address and phone number for the Vet center where I go for treatment for my PTSD. I gave it to her and asked if she was aware that I was 100% + housebound rated by the VA since Oct. 09 she said yes but wanted to have all the info in front of her before proceeding.

Now if someone wants to be honest like me! I feel I can still do some things BUT not anything like I used to and with the way I deal with stress these days would probably end up killing myself.

This procedure has me down a bit and I remember talking to a cousin around the same age with disabilities and he flat out said he would never file for SSDI because he does not want people looking over his shoulder in case he feels good enough to try some work.

I guess this will be settled one way or the other but not even assured how I will act when it is???

Well passed the 3 month mark and have heard nothing. Should I be getting ready my appeal?

Not sure how the SS could deny me for SSDI when the VA has me at 100% PnT and housebound but I guess I will see. I sure hope I hear something by next week or I might have to call and ask.

Well passed the 3 month mark and have heard nothing. Should I be getting ready my appeal?

Not sure how the SS could deny me for SSDI when the VA has me at 100% PnT and housebound but I guess I will see. I sure hope I hear something by next week or I might have to call and ask.

Be patient. SS has 5 months to make decision. By law you will NOT get any money before the 5 months even if you are granted the claim. Plus they keep you 1 month behind ,so you will not get any money for six months. By the way, you can do everything except the paper work (including the interview)by phone. The only reason for leaving home would be to go to their doctors exams (if required ). I helped my wife with her paper work on it . She got it on the first go around. Believe it or not, SS people were very understanding and helpfull.

Stillhere,

Have you tried calling your state adjudicator? When I got the function report it came from Kentucky and included the name and phone number of the person who was responsible for doing the medical determination on my claim. I spoke with her a couple of times and she was helpful.

I applied on June 3d, and just found out from calling the 800 number that I was approved back on September 9th. I have received nothing in writing yet, but I have confirmed my approval with 2 other people. Apparently some claims that are approved are selected for quality review and I am told that can add a couple months to your wait.

I'm sure you will hear something soon. Good luck!