Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu Awarded

Rate this topic

djweaz

My doc thinks it will be good for me to still get out so my next thing I have to do is think of where to volunteer, she said you already get paid I think it would be good for you to find something and volunteer 20 hours a week. Im thinking OVH which is Ohio Veterans Home but I still dont know. I do want it to be something that is worthy or helping vets

IMHO, I would be careful of volunteering too much time.......the VA will see that you are capable of working thus resulting in your IU being taken away! I'm, personally, am afraid to do much of anything that looks like work......so they won't have the grounds to take my IU away! Just something to be aware of! Best of Luck!

B6

United States Army 1990-2001

80% SC, 100% TDIU (P&T) w/SSDI

Operation Desert Shield/Storm - 1st Infantry Division

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that is actually what I told my psych. I said all the medications that I am on I am fooling myself mentally and physically because to go back to work I couldnt walk around in a haze that I do now. I would have to get off of these. No matter how good I am feeling now physically or mentally I know the overall reality if it all I would revert back to the same thing violant grumpy and walking off at the first sign someone vexed me. I told my doc at the VA this and she said I disagree I think you would benefit being around people and you should start volunteering since I dont have to worry about working anymore. I think the way you do. Even in my packet it said I was encouraged to sign up for voc rehab(Im already in it sitting in a school monitoring stamina) This is going to change as soon as I report it to chapter 31 who knew it might happen and told me if it did they would have to transition me into retirement just the same as they would have transitioned me back into the workforce. So now Ive been told by others that I have to check into the independant living program and I have heard they set you up with a hobby to keep you busy in retirement and they used to get everything to get you started such as if I liked to plant stuff they would set up a small greenhouse plants dirt everything needed to get me off and rolling. its all very confusing and overwhelming

DJ Weaz

I know what you mean about waiting on the former employers form. I'm still waiting for them to figure out mine, even though I sent in a statement asking them to go forward with my claim without them filling out the form. (Me and my former employer don't get along at all) So I called in and they said they were still waiting for the form and exam results from the VA... I don't know anything about this "Exam". So I had the operator note in my file that I wanted them to again, move forward without the former employer form. Hopefully this will work. I feel like I'm getting worn down more and more over this. It's nice to see that some people get what they work so hard for though, I wanted to say congrats, and hopefully I'll be making a similar post sometime in the near future. :)

Got my award today for TDIU took from May until now should have actually been processed almost 2 months ago but the questionaire to my former employer wasnt sent back in. When they send out these letters to Employers they say that you are responsible for tracking them. THEY ARE RIGHT!!! called in to check up on it they said they were still awaiting the letter since June 28th, called the former employer had her fax it into the VA that was all they were waiting for that was a little over a week ago.

One thing I do question though is, I have heard people having followups in say 6 months a year 3 years 5 years. Mine says no exam will be scheduled in the future. Does this mean I am really off my rocker?

DJ Weaz

"Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by fighting back." - Paul Erdos (1913-1996)

• HadIt.com Elder

Volunteer work is a good thing. My advice is to start out slow and if up to it add days or time.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

• Founder

Congratulations it sounds like you got everything and Permanent, no future exams scheduled. This is wonderful news, but it will probably take awhile to sink in, that's ok, it's normal.

As fara as volunteer work. HadIt.com is always looking for volunteers, whether it is just posting words of support to other veterans, welcoming new veterans, answering questions or doing research. HadIt.com always needs folks who can proof read articles for the main site http://www.hadit.com test links and various other stuff.

I do agree with your doc, you should have something to do, 24/7 with nothing to do can drive some folks over the edge, it is very tough.

Tbird

Founder HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran LLC - Founded Jan 20, 1997

HadIt.com Veteran To Veteran | Community Forum | RallyPointFaceBook | LinkedInAbout Me

Time Dedicated to HadIt.com Veterans and my brothers and sisters: 65,700 - 109,500 Hours Over Thirty Years

diary-a-mad-sailor-signature-banner.png

I am writing my memoirs and would love it if you could help a shipmate out and look at it.

I've had a few challenges, perhaps the same as you. I relate them here to demonstrate that we can learn, overcome, and find purpose in life.

The stories can be harrowing to read; they were challenging to live. Remember that each story taught me something I would need once I found my purpose, and my purpose was and is HadIt.com Veterans.

• HadIt.com Elder

Volunteering is an outstanding outlet, and can add to the quality of life for others and yourself. There is so much to be done...

The relaxed atmosphere here at Hadit is an excellent venue to help vets and their families. There are many community and national organizations that need volunteers, as well.

I would caution you to be careful when giving your time to a project. JMHO... some groups will use you up, burn you out, and then kick you to the curb.

Sometimes, "No good deed goes unpunished" is a natural obstacle to lending a hand.

Overall, after four decades of experience, I have found volunteering to be fulfilling...

Congratulations and Good Luck.

Edited by Commander Bob

"it shall be remembered"...

"We few"

"We happy few"

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use