Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medical Records

Rate this question

ScottCGAS

Question

It took forever but I finally received my medical records from my military service. I was going through them, (It looks like a Los Angeles phone book) and I saw a prostate results test and I thought, I didn't think I had one except for the stool sample screen. I then noticed that the VA Records had sent me another Veterans Records mixed in with mine. It had his SSN, DOB, ect.. This is not acceptable, what if this info got into the wrong hands?? Would an identity theft be passed off as a hacker probably hacked into a data base? This needs to be publicized, who do I contact to get this in the news? I would have to say that this is not the first time this has happened to a Veteran. Who would want there personal medical records sent to another individual? If this fell into the wrong hands it could be devastating to some poor unsuspecting Vet..

This needs to be heard by the public on news. This is why Vets get so angry with the VA.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

When I got my C-file copy last year, it also contained some dude's records. Granted it was one page, but it had all of his info (name, rank, ssn, etc...). I called the VA help line and made a big fuss about this possibily happening to me too. I sent it back a few days later.

Real common, happened to me last year. Once you get someone to listen, they take it real serious. Homeland Security gets involved before all said and done. I had enough of this veterans info to steal his ID very easily. They had me send all back to ST. Louis with the envelope marked DO NOT OPEN IN MAIL ROOM, FOWARD TO ADDRESSEE. I was thank very nicely in a letter a few weeks letter from the Records head cheese.

It happens, but the good thing is that 99.9999999% of us vets are honest and would do the right thing.

Dave

My local Va here in Phoenix sent me someone's else's records and it was a big ass pile of papers.

I call my VA rep and he sounded like he really couldn't be bothered by it all. So I seal them all up and sent to to the records section of the Phoenix Va hospital and ask for a phone call or a piece paper saying they got them and explain that they weren't my records.

They did call me and thank me..You don't get that very often..