Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Schedular

Rate this topic

huskerfanfl

I had a claim at the VA for anxiety induced headaches which I am getting on an average of once a week. Had my C&P June 4th and have been waiting since. Last Friday I sent an IRIS inquiry and found out a decision was made July 2nd and that finance had to do some work because I had POA with an attorney (I appealed my TDIU claim that was denied). Finance has to decide how much the attorney gets and then authorize payments. I pointed out to the VA what the attorney was hired for and that was not how I got an increase. I also asked how long. The nice woman told me that the attorney typically gets 20% and that my claim back pay went back several months. Also told me I went from 90% to 100%, I'm amazes and happy that she actually told me.

Now I'm just waiting on SSDI, I had a hearing on that July 12th. The attorney for that is confident that will be approved as well. I may be giving up some of the money owed me in both cases, but I will be getting a pretty good increase.

Tim

Vet and proud of it

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Great news, hope the win and possible SSDI makes things easier for you and your family.

Do yourself a favor.....buy some gold and silver! The printing presses are in overdrive.

• HadIt.com Elder

Wonderful news you have been through a lot. :smile:

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Awesome! Now Relax and enjoy yourself!

United States Army 1990-2001

80% SC, 100% TDIU (P&T) w/SSDI

Operation Desert Shield/Storm - 1st Infantry Division

• HadIt.com Elder

Good deal, you deserve it.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use