VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Question On Service Connectin

Rate this question

burghpitts

Question

I have been in the AF for 7.5 years in 09 I was diagnosed with migraines, but the Dr. and I do not know how they started. Then I was diagnosed with being pre-hypertensive and chronic kidney disease.

My neurologist wanted me to do a sleep study do to my migraines in the morning andte frequencey of them. I did a sleep study and found out I had OSA. I just got prescribed a CPAP machine.

My question is all of these conditions arein my medical record, how do I get these service connected? Do I need a nexus letter or since I have been diagnosed in the service it is service connected? Oh I have a little over a year left on my enlistment. Thank you for your help!!

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

what exactly is th BBD program? Well my doc wants to start me on high blood pressure meds. I had surgery on my tendon in my elbow and i still have pain and issues still, is this a percentage claim?

I also have a couple buldging disks and degenerate disk disease, is a claim as well?

thanks again!

• HadIt.com Elder

The range of motion may be rated along with the scar. The degeberative disk disease will be rated under IVDS. Also based on incapicitating episodes or ROM.

J

what exactly is th BBD program? Well my doc wants to start me on high blood pressure meds. I had surgery on my tendon in my elbow and i still have pain and issues still, is this a percentage claim?

I also have a couple buldging disks and degenerate disk disease, is a claim as well?

thanks again!

BDD is Benefits at Discharge Delivery.

You should be going thru this program prior to separation.

File your claim for both conditions when you are allowed to file. You want to take your Blood pressure when you are having a Migraine. They may be caused by the BP.

Record every BP reading you can. Compensable readings are as follows. Systolic 160 or higher or Diastolic 100.

J

You are correct I was admited to ER at local Hospital my BP systolic was 186/110 after they gave me injections. I would gladly give them the 30% back if I couod get them to ease off. I wish you luck I am expermiting with a chiorpractor as my life has been hell for over 8 years the migraines pop up anytime so it is like mowing grass in a minefield LOL. I am also keeping notes on my BP as well as duration of headaches dates times meds taken. Good luck and get your medical records copied now while you are in. I wish you well and hope they go away for you as mine are killing me. James