Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

5 Herniated Discs,1 Buldging Disc, Ptsd, Depression, Mtbi

Rate this question

DS_Wells

Question

Hello,

I am SSG Wells, I am currently serving as a Drill Sergeant on Sand Hill in Ft. Benning GA. I have had some severe back issues, and decieded to finally get it checked out and when I did so, I came to find that I had 3 herniated discs in my cervical spine,2 herniated discs and 1 buldging disc in my lumbar spine witha 1cm cyst on my L5. I have also been diagnosed with depression, and possible PTSD up until this point I have told my doctor that I do not have it, just so I would not have the label. I am 100% positive that I do have PTSD, I have severe anger and irritability issues. Also I am certain I have TBI or MTBI, ever since Iraq my short term memory is almost non existant, also have dizzy spells a times, next week I am going to request to have the MTBI test done from my Internal Medicine doctor, also I am going to tell him that I am certain that I have PTSD. I am worried about what is going to happen when they send me to the MEB and PEB. I would love for someone to give me some insight as to what the possibilites are and what it is I need to be sure I do. And possible disability rating? Any advice would be very apreciated.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Thoracolumbar Spondylosis, Degenerative disc disease T10-T11,T11-T12 and lumbar L3-4,L4-5 and L5-6, EPTS NO LOD YES Medically unacceptable; Cervicalgia, Cervical Disc Disease at C3-4,C5-6 and C6-7 with Disc Herniation EPTS NO LOD YES Medically Unacceptable; Post Concussion Syndrome with post traumatic headache mild cognitive difficulties EPTS NO LOD YES Medically unacceptable; Right and Left Knee Patellofemoral Syndrome LOD YES, medically acceptable; Right and Left Shoulder Strain, Tenosynovitis LOD Yes, medically acceptable; PTSD Chronic LOD YES, medically acceptable; Obstructive Sleep Apnea with CPAP medically acceptable; Dyspnea On Exertion, Mild Reactive Airway Disease LOD medically acceptable; Acneiform lesions diffuse medically acceptable; Pes Planus with Plantar Fasciitis medically acceptable; Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease LOD yes medically acceptable. This is a list of the things that are on my Adendum. When I write medically acceptable or unacceptable that is referring to retention standards. So there are three conditions that make me ineligible and do not meet retention requirements. All things are LOD and the 3 that are medically unacceptable are linked to deployment. Current PULHES is 233112 FUV. Any input would be appreciated.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you are not planning on working do not forget to file for Social Security Disability benefits. You can collect both VA compensation and Social Security Disabled worker benefits at the same time form the rest of your life.

I have talked to several veteras who are service connected for TBI. They usually require that the diagnosis for rating involve psychometric testing. The veterans I talked with all had short term memory loss. The dizziness could also be caused by the cervical disc problems. It is called "giddiness". The doctors would write the term giddiness in my records. My giddiness was caused by the cervical discs. They ran a lot of tests on my brain to rule out tumors.

The precise incidence of cervical vertigo is controversial but it is estimated that 20-58% of patients who sustain closed-head injuries or whiplash experience late onset symptoms of dizziness, vertigo and dysequilibrium. Cervical vertigo is matter of considerable concern because of the high litigation related costs of whiplash injuries. Cervical vertigo from other causes is much less common.

giddiness

noun

Translation of GIDDINESS

1dizziness : vértigo masculine, mareo masculine 2silliness : frivolidad feminine, estupidez feminine

I plan on going to school and finishing my degree in Physical Therapy, I did get a SS update letter in the mail the other day and it said i would get paid 1340 a month if I became disabled today. Also I seen the MEB doc the other day and he tryed to explain the whole process to me while he was very in depth I unfortunately cannot remember all he said. But I do know he did not mention any thing about a Pilot program and I am not sure what that is. I just tryed to contact the MEB legal guy today had to leave a message. I know that the VA rating will be over 50 just due to the sleep apnea with use of a CPAP. What really has me on edge is what the Army is going to give me as far as a rating. The MEB doc said I am clearly over %30 which puts me in the retirement house. Just not sure what % it will be. I am looking for someone to tell me what steps I need to take to get ready to get out. I own a house in Alabama and I am moving back to Michigan where I also own a house. I am trying to figure out what to do with the house in AL so that I can have my family secure and in a stable home. The DOC said 4months which puts the date at the end of July. So is that going to be my out date or is there additional time to out process and take terminal leave and my 20days PTDY. Just very nervous and anxious about it all.

Had my C&P exam last week they told me aprox 60 days till complete with MEB PEB my peblo has told me I will no doubt be over the 30% requriement for retirement so that is good news. Now I am trying to prepare for my next life step!. I have been trying to figure out how much I will make for doing a full DITY from FT. Benning to Michigan. If anyone has any experience with VA rating i would like to see a "guess" as to what you think Ill be rated at. I myself think it will be 50% for the army unfit conditions and 80% for va for all conditions.