Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

5 Herniated Discs,1 Buldging Disc, Ptsd, Depression, Mtbi

Rate this question

DS_Wells

Question

Hello,

I am SSG Wells, I am currently serving as a Drill Sergeant on Sand Hill in Ft. Benning GA. I have had some severe back issues, and decieded to finally get it checked out and when I did so, I came to find that I had 3 herniated discs in my cervical spine,2 herniated discs and 1 buldging disc in my lumbar spine witha 1cm cyst on my L5. I have also been diagnosed with depression, and possible PTSD up until this point I have told my doctor that I do not have it, just so I would not have the label. I am 100% positive that I do have PTSD, I have severe anger and irritability issues. Also I am certain I have TBI or MTBI, ever since Iraq my short term memory is almost non existant, also have dizzy spells a times, next week I am going to request to have the MTBI test done from my Internal Medicine doctor, also I am going to tell him that I am certain that I have PTSD. I am worried about what is going to happen when they send me to the MEB and PEB. I would love for someone to give me some insight as to what the possibilites are and what it is I need to be sure I do. And possible disability rating? Any advice would be very apreciated.

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ok, I am new here and getting ready to do my MEB and PEB, I found out 6 months ago I have 5herniated discs and 1 buldging disc, 3 in my cervical spice and 3 in my lumbar, the buldging is in my lumbar. I also have a 1cm cyst on my L5. I have been diagnosed wih depression and treated for 9 months, I am going back next tuesday to talk to the internal medicine doctor and tell him I know I have PTSD and that i have been avoiding having the label of PTSD on me but enough is enough I have severe anger issues and reoccuring dreams along with jumpiness and all the other symptoms I just have been denying it. I also believe I have MTBI i suffer from severe short term memory loss. I am looking for someone to make this dummy proof for me, I love check lists so if someone out there has one that I could follow to at least get started in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I currently have served 6 years active Army. and 15 months in Iraq with I did 11 of those months straight no leave. I was lucky enough to be the first on to go on leave (sarcasim) LOL. I am a Drill Sergeant now at Ft. Benning training new infantry soldiers, but my injuries prohibit me from doing so any more.

Let the "qualified doctors" make the PTSD diagnosis.

You are not qualified to diagnosis whether you do or do not have PTSD.

Don't worry about the label - treatment and comp is what counts.

When you get separated - you are a vet - and very little to the goobermint

other than a liability.

Once you are a vet - it doesn't really matter how long you served, when, where,

and all of that - just that you provided Honorable service.

Many, many, many vets have lost out on their VBA claims simply due to

"manning up" while on AD.

It will be SC'd much easier if it's done on AD.

Here's a link that you should find helpful.

http://www.pebforum.com/content/

SSG Wells,

Thank you for your service and welcome! :smile:

Please be seen and treated for all of your issues and get copies of your medical records before your separation physical.

Ensure that all of your issues are documented while on active duty.

Get buddy letters Buddy Letter Info from people aware of your condition and, if you have trouble working, get documented limited duty and time off.

Carlie's link is also very informative.

#1- Take care of yourself because no one else will!

Ok, I am new here and getting ready to do my MEB and PEB, I found out 6 months ago I have 5herniated discs and 1 buldging disc, 3 in my cervical spice and 3 in my lumbar, the buldging is in my lumbar. I also have a 1cm cyst on my L5. I have been diagnosed wih depression and treated for 9 months, I am going back next tuesday to talk to the internal medicine doctor and tell him I know I have PTSD and that i have been avoiding having the label of PTSD on me but enough is enough I have severe anger issues and reoccuring dreams along with jumpiness and all the other symptoms I just have been denying it. I also believe I have MTBI i suffer from severe short term memory loss. I am looking for someone to make this dummy proof for me, I love check lists so if someone out there has one that I could follow to at least get started in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. I currently have served 6 years active Army. and 15 months in Iraq with I did 11 of those months straight no leave. I was lucky enough to be the first on to go on leave (sarcasim) LOL. I am a Drill Sergeant now at Ft. Benning training new infantry soldiers, but my injuries prohibit me from doing so any more.

Welcome to Hadit. I sent a copy of your post to someone who may be able to help you.

Take care and hang in there,

Bergie

• Founder

You may also want to check out this forum while you in service waiting to get out http://www.pebforum.com/content/ they deal with PEB and MEB and may save you some steps. They are not affiliated with HadIt.com, but I do think for Active Duty Service Members getting ready to get out with medical problems they will be a good source of information.