VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Special Monthly Compensation At The Statutory Housebound Rate

Rate this topic

Sydney

If you did not notice this, the VA is proposing incompetency, according to what you posted. You need to address this, if you have not already.

Also, according to the way I interpret what you posted, you are 100 + 70, and eligible for SMC S under Bradley vs Peake. You would want to deal with both issues, but it is unlikely to matter whether you get SMC S or not if some crooked VA attorney winds up stealing all your money anyway as your fiduciary. If your wife or someone like this is your fiduciary, however, and you are comfortable with this, then leave it alone. But, unless there is a compelling reason, you do not ever want the VA to pick out your fiduciary for you...YOU want to do the picking. Probably a family member or trusted friend.

• 1 month later...

I am in the same boat I am a 100% P&T but have a 50% 4 40% 2 30% 4 20% 3 10% they gave me the first level SMC my Dr. Put in for house bound twice.

• 2 months later...

when i went thru my PEB/MEB the VA rep suggested that i be considered for housebound do to my PTSD, depression, anxiety. My son has to bring to my appoinments as well as my wife, My question is, I get 100% TDIU as with 40% for Degenerative Disk to the lumbar area and 20% to the cervicle area of my neck, 10% for left shoulder 10% for right knee Now this was all done for this Pilot Program called DES (disabitly evaluation system) the Army medically retired on June 9 2011 at 100% the VA rep is recommending SMC (s) Im just waiting on the decision letter. If im denied SMC how do i Appeal it.

when i went thru my PEB/MEB the VA rep suggested that i be considered for housebound do to my PTSD, depression, anxiety. My son has to bring to my appoinments as well as my wife, My question is, I get 100% TDIU as with 40% for Degenerative Disk to the lumbar area and 20% to the cervicle area of my neck, 10% for left shoulder 10% for right knee Now this was all done for this Pilot Program called DES (disabitly evaluation system) the Army medically retired on June 9 2011 at 100% the VA rep is recommending SMC (s) Im just waiting on the decision letter. If im denied SMC how do i Appeal it.

patriot,

Welcome.

Please repost your info and questions by starting it as a new topic in the

corresponding Forum.

Thanks

• 2 years later...