Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Well It's Here!

Rate this topic

e4766

Thanks for your support everyone. It's kinda scary being in the 100% pay club, know what I mean? Your support and concern is very touching and is always welcome. Hope I can help someone else out there. We're still kind of numb. Maybe I'll get to go on fishing trip? Well, first I have to harvest soybeans and corn, we'll see. Blessings to all.

Carolyn

e4766

USA

Spc 5/Big Red One

Company A

1st/5th ARTY

Fire Direction Center

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

After fighting for over 5 and 1/2 years and than winning I was elated and than became very depressed cause now it was official I was disabled and probably would not be able to work again. It hits most of us kind of hard when we get it but soon after you feel better when you have some security about your life.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Also, beware of "winner's guilt". Realize that you finally reached the end of a long fight, and have to re-direct that energy and effort into something else that's rewarding. Feel what you feel, but re-direct.

Limbo is status quo for the VARO.

E received the "white envelope" today and we both cried and shook our heads in disbelief. Hooray he got his rating of Individual Unemployability. It's funny that you are happy and sad at the same time isn't it? We began this journey in 2006 never imagining that his AO symptoms would snowball at such a fast rate. Decision was granted back to April 7, 2010 when his afib began. Quote "We granted entitlement to the 100% rate effective April 7, 2010, because you are unable to work due to your service connected disabilities". This was typed below the quote, No further examination will be scheduled in the future. Now we have to wait on SSDI but I think we can manage! I want this forum to know that even though we weren't associated with you all that long this has been a great site as far as information and the patience to answer so-called stupid questions. A terrific group for informational and moral support as well. My hope for everyone is to get what they deserve and to never give up. I really think that "Hope Springs Eternal". Love you guys and gals!!

e4766 and Carolyn

Congrats! That's great news.

Guest terrysturgis

I am happy for your win. If you have a farm to tend to you probably don't have a lot of idle time to get depressed so enjoy the rewards. Terry

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use