The Final Va Letter With Rating

Rate this topic

atruesoldier

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Chuck, honestly i have no idea of anything else i qualify for. Trust me it has been a battle just trying to find out my rating percentage. Every other week i would receive a letter stating, "We are sorry it is taking so long to process your claim" and at times it was very depressing. If you can point me in the right direction on what i need to do, i would greatly appreciate it. I dont know if i posted on here that i was a Stage 4 Brain Cancer survivor. They gave me the option to continue on Active Duty or get out. I chose to stay and finish my Career. Then they turn around and Force me into Medical Retirement. I have never been one to quit or give up on anything.

100% Schedular? Congratulations!

Anyway, with the other disabilities, you should have been awarded TDIU as well. The actual law requires this, but the VA often tries to get out of it, citing VA regs/guidance that is/are more restrictive than the law allows.

atruesoldier- WOW!!!!!!! Congratulations!

Is the award Permanent and total? That is- did they award Chapter 35 (DEA educational Benefits)to your dependents?

Have you applied for SSDI benefits too?

With 100% or TDIU for one SC disabilty, then if you ever have another independent disability rated at 60% or more they would award yu SMC (Special Monthly Compensation)

"I think my overall percentage was 220 but there were 7 things i did not get a rating on, so imagine what my total would have been"

Did they defer these issues? or even mention them at all?

• HadIt.com Elder

I talked to an Iraq war vet who got rated only 10% for PTSD and 10% for his knee. He was an interrogator in Iraq. He probably gave a lot of people PTSD. However, how can a person have a 10% rating for PTSD. I told him to keep appealing and not to look so neat. He was groomed and short hair, but his leg was going 100 mph as he talked about Iraq. I should have been a shrink.

Hi Berta, I had two pages of things i received no rating for. My VA doctor was looking and he could not understand some of my other issues did not get a rating. Yes my daughter has her tuition paid for already. I only have her and my wife now. My other daughter has since graduated from college. I have applied for SSDI and was approved before the VA came back with my rating. I do have one question about the SSDI, will i get both VA and SSDI benefits. My SSDI payments are close to $1400 a month. The issues that did not receive a rating were noted with 0% next to it. I still have not received my brown envelope. My VA doctor actually printed out my findings, because he could see them too. I was wonder why all of a sudden i was getting A1 service from the VA. I have Kidney flare-ups all the time and i called them friday afternoon and they had me a appointment for Monday morning.

atruesoldier- WOW!!!!!!! Congratulations!

Is the award Permanent and total? That is- did they award Chapter 35 (DEA educational Benefits)to your dependents?

Have you applied for SSDI benefits too?

With 100% or TDIU for one SC disability, then if you ever have another independent disability rated at 60% or more they would award yu SMC (Special Monthly Compensation)

"I think my overall percentage was 220 but there were 7 things i did not get a rating on, so imagine what my total would have been"

Did they defer these issues? or even mention them at all?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use