Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Slam Dunk! I Got It!

Rate this topic

DeaconDukes

What a great story. My heartfelt congratulations, not so much for the VA victory, but for taking care of yourself and seeking help. There are way too many vets out there with too much self pride to go talk to someone and, at times, that pride ends tragically.

Thank you so much for sharing!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats, Deacon

My success story was somewhat similar to yours. I am very happy to get my benefits, too, but if I did not have to wait 5 years, then I would not have lost my home and family. The wife never got over the stress of loosing our home. Now, I am appealing to try to get benefits back to when I applied, in 2002. I am hoping to be able to get my home, or a similar one, back, if I ever make it through EED appeals before I die.

I just dont see why Vets have to become homeless waiting usually 5 years for the Va to process paperwork.

Deacon......what a powerful story! I'm very happy for you! I'm glad to see that you will be able to see your son and wife! I know it's been tough......but you have made it! Nothing but the best for you in the future!

Side note......I actually got watery eyes reading your post! God Bless you!

B6

Deacon, when did you apply? How long did it take you to get granted in the end? Good thing you found this shelter and for them having the staff with the knowledge to assist you further. Please post when you finally receive your DUES. Congrats again.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use