• donate-be-a-hero.png

Slam Dunk! I Got It!

Rate this topic

DeaconDukes

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Deacon, reading up on your story really makes me think about how lucky I am, considering how long you've had to wait for all of this. Some of us, (myself included) gripe about having to wait for the VA to make a decision and taking months for it. I can't compare at all to 30 years of living with my problems without treatment. I feel very lucky to have family and friends that encouraged me to file right away. Sometimes stories like this are a reality check, and a much needed one at that. I can't express how happy I am for you, and I hope more vets seek treatment as soon as they can if they have problems. Good things DO happen to good people! I hope you get a ton of backpay and everything goes great for you, just make sure you spend it wisely, and take a much needed vacation also! Go see your kid!

I want to thank you for sharing your story with us. It is stories like this that make it worth it to keep fighting even after they say NO. I wish you all the best and enjoy your new positive future. God Bless.

/doc

Now you get to find some peace and joy in your life. Sobriety and family life are yours to gather and keep. Good luck and glad you were granted your award.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use