VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Do You Think About E-Benifits

Rate this question

COOL BREEZE

Question

I called the 800# to ask a question about my claim with the rating team and the discussion turned to e-benefits. The rep asked me what I thought about the site. I let him know that there were a lot of vets that were unable to get to a VA hospital to sign up. It appears he was actually doing a survey at the conclusion of my issue as the VA wants to know what needs to to be done to make it more easier to use. My suggestions: offer more sites to enroll, lets VETS know how and where to go, and walk them through the entire process as there is a lot of vets who are not familiar with using a computer-logging in, and knowing how to use the site.offer a better status then what is currently given. He said the e-benefits site doesn't state anything different than they do. Well, by providing more better information that would cut down on the 800# calls, save the tax payer money. Also I let him know when you send a letter in it doesn;t state what it is, just medical information received ,ect. When a VSo sends a letter in, it would be nice to know that particular letter was received-not just a generic statement that is meaningless as it takes forever to get something inputted into the system.

• Answers 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Ebenefits does not work for many Veterans and signing up at Hospital is not all that important. I signed and have myhealthevet login and still could not get ebenefits to work. It took them over 3 months to respond to a simple email and than did not get a helpful answer.

+1, I haven't been able to do anything with it. I did log on once, but it didn't show anything. Tried logging on the next day and they said my log in was incorrect. OK, called the number and they said that the log in was for 1 day only. OK, but why can't I sign up for a new one? It says I am already registered!!!!! WTH? I use the myheathevet one all the time.

My RO seems to be similar to Pete's ...months behind. This must be the "new backlog". Before claims were backed up because of too much paper. Now, they are backed up electronically because they dont have time to update them. I wonder how long the backlog is for VA executives pay and bonuses...probably a million man and 4 or 5 years that VA execs have to wait on their bonus checks, right?

I complained about not being able to see a thing on the 800 number e-benifits had as I had already signed up through myhealthevet for second level, how excited I was to find out e-benifits said it was the RO fault for not adding the information so I sent an IRIS and they said it was e-benifits fault.........I was sooooooo mad that I put my comlaint on the blog they just introduced for three days and finally someone answered my complaint and told me to wait a few days and they will make corrections for me and guess what....someone actually put my e-benefits page up finally showing all my information, it took a few months but, what gets me is that there are people with some sort of authority manning the blog posts and yes they got me straight.

The site is down-went down yesterday and as far as I know it will probably won't be up till tomorrow as no one maintains the site on the weekend. I can't wait till they ask me for another survey about this site(if they dare). I will provide every ones input on this site to them. In fact, I am planning to call next week and let them know I left out a few details. This e-benefits site is totally worthless. Its not updated on a routine basis, lack of information regarding your claims, site is not always up-bottom line- its about as good as calling the 800#-worthless!!!