Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am So Mad!

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

This may be long, but I'll try to stick to the point. I applied for SSDI back in Sep of last year, and was denied; I know nothing new there right. I then got a lawyer and requested a reconsideration in Apr. I was thinking that I was due for a decision soon so I called my lawyer last month and found out that they needed my information about my pacemaker insertion from May. I gave my lawyer the information she needed and thought shouldn't be long now. I got a letter this weekend from SS saying that they never received my pacemaker info, I called SS Monday and was told by the woman that the only medical information they had was from the psych exam they sent me to in Aug. I was so shocked I couldn't speak. You mean to tell me they had none of the VA medical information; I am TDIU P&T are you kidding me? I have volumes of medical info from the VA that I gave to my lawyer back in Apr when they took my case. I don't know what to believe, could they be holding onto this information to prolong the time to max out their payout? I'm left blowing in the wind and possibly getting denied; just so my lawyer can get more money. I so want to fire them right now but I know that would be more trouble and cause even more delays. Any advice please?

/doc

Edited by navydoc2

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

No incentive to drag it out cause Social Security limits the payout or a percentage which ever is lower. A claim that old would have maxed a long time ago.

Sounds like the lawyer lost your claim in the others they have.

Thats the frustrating thing about it all Pete. When I try to speak with my lawyer via email or I've even gone to the office I get the runaround. They claim she is not available and she won't even reply to my emails. I think that even though it is capped at a certain amount of percentage, they can still draw it out to receive the maximum amount. I thought a reconsideration was supposed to last two maybe three months since it is basically a rubber stamp of the original denial, its going on 8 months. arrrrgh!