Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Am So Mad!

Rate this question

navydoc2

Question

This may be long, but I'll try to stick to the point. I applied for SSDI back in Sep of last year, and was denied; I know nothing new there right. I then got a lawyer and requested a reconsideration in Apr. I was thinking that I was due for a decision soon so I called my lawyer last month and found out that they needed my information about my pacemaker insertion from May. I gave my lawyer the information she needed and thought shouldn't be long now. I got a letter this weekend from SS saying that they never received my pacemaker info, I called SS Monday and was told by the woman that the only medical information they had was from the psych exam they sent me to in Aug. I was so shocked I couldn't speak. You mean to tell me they had none of the VA medical information; I am TDIU P&T are you kidding me? I have volumes of medical info from the VA that I gave to my lawyer back in Apr when they took my case. I don't know what to believe, could they be holding onto this information to prolong the time to max out their payout? I'm left blowing in the wind and possibly getting denied; just so my lawyer can get more money. I so want to fire them right now but I know that would be more trouble and cause even more delays. Any advice please?

/doc

Edited by navydoc2

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I hope you kept your copies of those medical records you can make new copies and submit them to SSA yourself while you ask your atty about this phone call about the missing records getting mad at them is NOT going to help you resolve your case with SSA is it? SSA will take medical records directly from you but if you give them copies then at least SSA will have them to better decide your case and resolve it

what your lawyer is going to get mad at you for sending in the records they were supposed to send 6 months ago? They might but so what then SSA will still have them either way they are going to get the amount the law allows them to get better to get a check coming as soon as you can rather than let the lawyer drag it out but when you go around your lawyer be prepared to let them go off on you I was told by my lawyer if I wrote one more letter to the VA or an elected official while my BVA appeal was still pending I would be in the hearing alone since they were doing my case pro bono it was hard to argue with it, but I have OCD and every time I got mad at the VA or the Army about the human experiments I usually wrote an congressman or senator and the lawyer was worried about the VA tossing my case for me being a nut job the VA labeled me a "crusader" and I had been on appeal for a long time the lawyer was my best shot at winning my cardiac issues so I learned to quit writing letters good luck it might not have been your lawyers fault it might have been an aides fault but then the lawyer is responsible

I wouldn't care if they got mad at me. I just don't understand how you could have records and they not get where they are supposed to go. I've been trying to call the SS lady back all day today but it goes to voice mail. My lawyer called today and couldn't tell me what had happened actually she claimed that SS was making that up. She said they have had the records since May. Good to hear from you Testvet, its been a while since I've seen you on the board. or KOS :)

• HadIt.com Elder

Government agancy that processes disability claims. Similar to the VA.

The information has to go to your state level DDS first then on to SSA. I bet the state level folks who really dont care if you get approved or not, lost the documents.

Your attorney has proof he sent the documents to them so let him handle it. That is what you pay him for.

My attorney told me what to send in and I sent in myself with a copy to him.

It is the old hampster wheel.

J

Call the Local Bar association, they will advise you and perhaps light a match under your current lawyer. Best to writ the letter to them followed by a phone call

2 cents of advice....

Ron

This may be long, but I'll try to stick to the point. I applied for SSDI back in Sep of last year, and was denied; I know nothing new there right. I then got a lawyer and requested a reconsideration in Apr. I was thinking that I was due for a decision soon so I called my lawyer last month and found out that they needed my information about my pacemaker insertion from May. I gave my lawyer the information she needed and thought shouldn't be long now. I got a letter this weekend from SS saying that they never received my pacemaker info, I called SS Monday and was told by the woman that the only medical information they had was from the psych exam they sent me to in Aug. I was so shocked I couldn't speak. You mean to tell me they had none of the VA medical information; I am TDIU P&T are you kidding me? I have volumes of medical info from the VA that I gave to my lawyer back in Apr when they took my case. I don't know what to believe, could they be holding onto this information to prolong the time to max out their payout? I'm left blowing in the wind and possibly getting denied; just so my lawyer can get more money. I so want to fire them right now but I know that would be more trouble and cause even more delays. Any advice please?

/doc

It always seemed to me that there is no incentive for your attorney to settle your claim. The longer they stall, the more they make. That is why I would only use an attorney as a last resort.

• HadIt.com Elder

Actually, there is a possible incentive. Even Pro Bono can be reimbursed by the government when the client has an income under a specific amount. (More than I ever made!)

It always seemed to me that there is no incentive for your attorney to settle your claim. The longer they stall, the more they make. That is why I would only use an attorney as a last resort.