Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success From Waco Ro-Depression Claim

Rate this topic

ArmyTexas

• HadIt.com Elder

Its kind of weird but most of the shrinks at Dallas VAMC are pretty decent. Maybe its cause of Southwestern Medical School Influence.

Glad for your increase

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratultions on your claim!!! My file is at Waco now waiting on additional information from various TMCs in Iraq... Had my PTSD C&P at the Dallas VAMC, and based on what some of the experts here said about it, it wasn't very good, but it did SC me for Anxiety Disorder NOS. My examiner didn't follow the best practices guidelines at all and left out a bunch of information that I shared with him, and his write-up was very good either.

Thanks everybody. I should include that the Clinical psycholgist at the Dallas VAMC conducted a great exam. It took about 1 1/2 hours and she went straight by the checklist. She even looked at the documents I took with me and made notes about them. Her witeup was great. She covered all bases, work, home, social and wrote down everything I said, then at the end she recapped everything I said from the checklist.

Sorry to hear about the bad experience with Dallas. I got the female doc. I looked her name up prior to the C&P and found out that she is on staff at the VAMC and she trains the new UT Southwestern people on Veteran's mental disorders before they start.

The good thing is they SC the Anxiety, get the foot in the door. PTSD is an Anxiety disorder so they laid the foundation for you to build on. Hopefully the TMC records will put the nail in the coffin for your claim to get approved. Keep pressing and good luck.

Congratultions on your claim!!! My file is at Waco now waiting on additional information from various TMCs in Iraq... Had my PTSD C&P at the Dallas VAMC, and based on what some of the experts here said about it, it wasn't very good, but it did SC me for Anxiety Disorder NOS. My examiner didn't follow the best practices guidelines at all and left out a bunch of information that I shared with him, and his write-up was very good either.

Great news. We're all happy for your success with your claim.

Loraine

• 1 month later...

Well, I am pleased to hear you have had success with the Waco, Texas regional Office. As, have one of my co-workers, he filed a claim in Nov '09, and was award an increase in June '10. I have not been as lucky. I filed my claim in Feb. '08, filed my NOD Jan'09, to this day I have yet to see results. Again Outstanding results...

Edited by myround0

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use