Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Sp4 Kelley Has Won!

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Many of you know Charles Kelley via his book on Agent Orange, his dealings with the Veterans H/S committees and his years of advocacy.

He just informed me of this astonishing award- and I have no details.

His message to all of us in the veteran's communities is to NEVER give UP!

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I too would like to add my congrats!! And like John said it sure as hell is lousy way to ge SC!

The VA did the same to me. Denied in 03 and then again in 05 and then 30 days later I had two heart attacks. VA granted me SC but only till the date of my heart attack. Which is total BS! If you have blocked arteries it does not just happen over nite it builds up for years!!

Again Kelley very glad you are still alive to enjoy! Now take it easy and live to at least 90!

Hello All,

Congratulations Charles, but what a way to get it. You have done such a great job of fighting for all of us that I am just amazed at your tenacity. Like John999 said PN is tough without DMII and I am fighing this also. However I agree that it was the AO based Ishemic Heart Disease that got the award. I too had my heart attack in June and have been diagnosed with Ishemic Heart Disease and I am outside of Vietnam but I have the IMO's and the VA doctors nexus showing the relationship. I do not know what to do with this as I try and battle with this fact. That you have the disease but have to prove the exposure. I believe I have all the evidence but my lawyer can't even get them to give us a status report from a DRO. The denial was back in 2009 and we are still waiting to hear. It seems that it all takes time. I am still in limbo like many but hope something good will happen. As always like Berta said. NEVER GIVE UP. Merry Christmas. God Bless, C.C.

Congratulations! I myself was not in Nam, but am sick from direct contact chemical exposure (as most of you know) and am awaiting the results of my DRO hearing and appeals..

Glad for Kelley, and sorry it took so long. They just keep playing games with human life, and sometimes they win...but we all have to remember to fight them with our last breath. Enough is enough and the vet must prevail in order to finally win. How long will it take, how many do not survive, in order to stop the insanity, and award what each vet has earned.