Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

53 Day Decision On Claim?

Rate this question

combatcamera

Question

I recently made a claim for a number of different diseases including chronic bronchitis, hip pain due to them being crooked, PTSD with which I was formally diagnosed and am currently on medication for and a number of other things that I have proof for... It only took the rating board 53 days to come to a decision and now I am in the Notification Phase, is this bad? Does this mean instant denial?

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Don't worry the VA is trying to speed up claims. Without knowing results form your C&P, Medical History and nexus to service no one can hazard a guess.

Good Luck

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

I wouldn't read anything into it. Some RO's are super fast and others are slower than time. Which RO are you with?

I am with the Charleston VA named after Ralph H. Johnson. I am super nervous about this and I'm getting ready to leave for school and my newborn baby will be staying with family for a while and I don't know what's going to happen with all this. I keep reading people's posts about it taking almost years for this decision to be made and I'm worried that I may hit a brick wall. One more question, do they alway low ball people at first? And how can you find out the results of your C&P's?

My RO is in Nebraska and is not nearly as overworked at the ones in Houston or St. Pete. Ive had 30-40 day decisions before. Now im on appeal, though, so we'll see.

CAS

The Earth is degenerating these days. Bribery and corruption abound.Children no longer mind their parents, every man wants to write a book,and it is evident that the end of the world is fast approaching. --17 different possible sources, all lacking verifiable attribution.

B.S. Doane College, Mgt Info Systems/Systems Analysis 2008

M.S.Ed. Purdue University, Instructional Development and Technology, Feb. 2021

M.S. Purdue University Information Technology/InfoSec, Dec 2022

100% P/T

MDD

Spine

Radiculopathy

Sleep Apnea

Some other stuff

-------------------------------------------
B.S. Info Systems Mgt/Systems Analysis-Doane College 2008
M.S. Instructional Technology and Design- Purdue University 2021

(I AM NOT A RATER- I work the claims BEFORE they are rated, annotating medical evidence in your records, VA and Legal documents,  and DA/DD forms- basically a paralegal/vso/etc except that I also evaluate your records based on Caluza and try to justify and schedule the exams that you go to based on whether or not your records have enough in them to warrant those)

• HadIt.com Elder

and thank you for the good luck wish I am going to need it

Hang in there Brother as it should be OK. I have seen lightning strike before.

I have seen claims as fast as 10 days. Deinal for Character of service. I have witnessed approvals in 30 days also.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.