Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tired Of Waiting

Rate this question

gfunk

Question

tired of checking my bank account and ebenefits daily to see when my claim will go through. went to phase 2 on jan 4th. should be sooon but the wait is kicking my ass. only at 60 right now and the check just isnt enough to live off of. that is all, thanks

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

i keep hearing about this infamous 800 number on here but have no idea what it is... and what are the buttons to press to get to talk to someone quickly... and iris? i have no idea what that is either. the varo is oakland and all i heard from my vso is that it takes about 60 days from your last c&p appointment before a decision or money is recieved

1-800-827-1000 and choose Compensation (I guess).

I'm not always successful getting a human; often it says "Too busy now- try again later".

Good luck! :smile:

800-827-1000

press 1

press 2

press 3

press 0

this will put you directly into the que for a service rep who "should" be able to answer your questions.

usually they say "it takes a long time, do you know how many claims we are processing" followed by laughter

• HadIt.com Elder

The waiting is part of the game. Some folks here have been waiting for 15 years or longer.

Hope you hear something soon.

J

A Veteran is a person who served this country. Treat them with respect.

A Disabled Veteran is a person who served this country and bears the scars of that service regardless of when or where they served.

Treat them with the upmost respect. I do. Rejection is not a sign of failure. Failure is not an option, Medical opinions and evidence wins claims. Trust in others is a virtue but you take the T out of Trust and you are left with Rust so be wise about who you are dealing with.

The waiting is part of the game. Some folks here have been waiting for 15 years or longer.

and i cant imagine it taking that long. i feel for those of you who have had to wait any longer than it should realistically take. i just would not be able to hang on financially for that long, another couple months is gonna be hard enough. ill try the 800 number today, thanks for the replys

Ok, i went to the VARO today and they set me up for Ebenefits. Was really simple actually, She just wanted three pieces of identification (DD214, State ID, and Passport). I just logged on to check my status, it just says its in Phase I Status, mind you there are 6 phases. I guess i'll just keep on waiting. I know my day is coming and the retro is going to be well worth it, as I have a lot of evidence for my case.