Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Being 100% P/t

Rate this topic

stillhere

If anyone asks, tell them it is a leagal matter that you cannot discuss.

J

Lmao.... I may just start telling people I'm in "the program"! I actually lived with someone who had been in "the program", and know enough about it to bs my way! That is WAY too funny..... thanks for the idea!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a quote that may help this conversation. It is a quote from Mark Twain (one of the best American authors known to man kind) He quoted to a friend

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”

He also coined the phrase we refer to as Tango Uniform, TU or ... That is because he was a riverboat poet and women float certain body features UP!

• HadIt.com Elder

I am a retired investor. Buy pork bellies at 20 and sell them at 50. Good day, my man. My investments actually did pay off so if I win my CUE maybe I will buy a little cottage on the coast of Maine. Ah, the idle rich lazing on a sunny afternoon. Now I just need a butler....oh, Jeeves! What we get from the VA is the very least they can do.

• HadIt.com Elder

I won an S award 3 years ago. Time flies when you are having fun. I used 300 bucks a month to hire a maid to help us out. My wife and I are now in late 60's and although the dishes and trash and beds made is about all we can handle. Our wonderful lady who helps us does all the bed changing, the dusting, the mopping and the little things that make our house look really good after she has been here.

So I think it is around 309 but it is really not enoguh on its own to help Veterans stay in their homes. Just my opinion and I am grateful to get it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete

I agree that $300 dollars is not enough to keep a HB vet in his house as he gets older. My wife is pretty healthy for now. She could go back to work part time but she likes being "retired". If a vet is truly HB then he needs to have someone there to look after him/her. That costs a hell of a lot more than $300 a month. If they tripled HB it would not be enough.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use