Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Being 100% P/t

Rate this topic

stillhere

Fellow Veteran's

I WAS AWARDED 100% ssdi and Christmas day 2010 all funds arrived in to my bank account from the VA

I was awarded 100% PTSD, 10% Tinnitus and 20% Hearing loss for a total of 130%

Permanent & Total Disability for life.

I'm gratful I service my country as a Marine in Da Nang back in 69/70 did my time and

am now paying the price for my service. At lease im set for the future with both SSDI and P&T disablity.

Dont ever give up in your hopes to obtain both. I was persistance and hard headed just like and Marine

in the end won my case in 357 days to funds arrived xmas day 2010 from the Los Angeles Regional VA Office.

Now I'm now back on my feet, no longer homeless on the street thanks to the VA help and my service

to my country paying me back now.

NO matter what your issues are, there is always light at the end of the tunnel and a future. Its keeping

your Dog in the fight that wins in the end.

PTSD is not a cureable problem it only managed my meds and classes I attend for PTSD weekly

Only a word of advise to all.

Be lucky we have what we do and dont ever feel your left out in the street.

Because im a example of one of the thousand who had nothing on the edge of dying and

my country came to my aid gave me new life. Both SSDI and the VA made correct to me.

So hang in there the best you can and have faith..never give up God helps the correct and righteous

Semper Fi

Recon Ron

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I am very happy that your claim was approved. You are correct PTSD is not curable but it can be managed with tools and meds.

Your service earned your benefits and now you have some security for the rest of your life.

I found a quote that may help this conversation. It is a quote from Mark Twain (one of the best American authors known to man kind) He quoted to a friend

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."

He also coined the phrase we refer to as Tango Uniform, TU or ... That is because he was a riverboat poet and women float certain body features UP!

I just heard this quote from a Commencement Speaker at a College Graduation we attended yesterday. A graduation for multiple colleges for military families, personnel, Veterans. For me, it was an "Ah Ha" moment, as I'm enrolled in college now myself through Chapter 35 benefits my husband earned. There, they had several rows of seats with yellow ribbons to honor those receiving degrees while serving our Country abroad through distance learning courses. It was a proud day. A very, very proud day.

Edited by VetsLady

• 2 months later...

Less we forget what hardships this is all about by quoting from the well known poem "Disabled Veteran" written by former CPT Wm Lorenz:

Once I was like you...young, strong, whole and free

and I wanted that freedom for generations yet to be.

So I joined the military and found freedom requires sacrifice

leaving some who served with broken bodies and shattered lives.

Battle scarred, I don't look or act the same

I soldier on through the pain.

A stare here or a look away there reminds me I've changed.

I understand why...but it wounds me all over again.

Medals and honors are well meant although many may find

it takes more to heal from a missing limb or a troubled mind

that can stress relationships and prevent employment

which puts limits on life's simple enjoyment.

I am proud of my service to my country

and join with those patriots who came before me...

who shed their blood for life, liberty and the rights of man

as I too am a disabled American Veteran.

Edited by militarynurse

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use