VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Was Hoping That I Wouldn't Have To Ask For Help.

Rate this question

Fosk

Question

I need some help with my form 9 but I don't know where or what to write. I have had 50% for migraines and just received 30% for MDD, in my SOC it states that I have PTSD but the IMO didn't state whether I was able to work or not so my TDIU was denied. The only thing I have done was to get a letter from my Phd doc and she wrote that i was unemployable due to a gaf of 44 and that I had MDD and PTSD with psycosis. I also scheduled an another IMO for march the 10th but if I don't need it I wouldnt mind not going. Any help would be appreciated as I am clueless on what to do. I can scan my soc and my increase letter but its alot of pages. Thank you in advance.~~~Fosk

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you going to ask for a DRO Hearing? I would do that rather than send it off to the BVA. You have enough to get TDIU at your VARO. An extra IMO would not hurt.

I already had my c&p in october and so the va said that the c&p doc didn't state whether I could work or not so unemployability was denied. I also know that having mdd and ptsd is not allowed because of similar conditions but could the va rate me with ptsd if its higher. this has taken around 4-5 yrs and I am tired fighting.

"The only thing I have done was to get a letter from my Phd doc and she wrote that i was unemployable due to a gaf of 44 and that I had MDD and PTSD with psycosis."

Did the VA acknowledge this letter? Did she give a full medical rationale for her unemployability statement?

Are you claiming the PTSD as secondary to the MDD?

I too agree with what John said here.

Did the VA acknowledge this letter? Not yet she wrote the letter on March 3rd after she found out I was denied. Did she give a full medical rationale for her unemployability statement?

She refered to her extensive medical evaluation stated the gaf of 44 and stated that she stands by her claim. The problem I have is a rogue psychiatrist that states that I am narcicistic with dsthymia (his evaluation was covieniently posted as part of the reason of denial)( he evaluated me in under 10 minutes on an emergency visit,and thats all the time he spent with me until my full appointment) So my psycologint wrote that I am unemployable. I am putting together my scanner so I can show my SOC and Increase letter.

Are you claiming the PTSD as secondary to the MDD? Yes I am, I thought by putting GAD instead of PTSD it would be more acceptable as this is non combat PTSD I hope I didn't screw up there. I also placed a second claim in for PTSD 3 years ago and that was denied as well. And my one year decision on that one is up on March 9th.

I guess what I am asking is wording on the VA Form 9 and should I send in the form with statements like duty to assist and benefit of doubt, as I had 3 doctors stating I have PTSD and the one doctor they decided to accept was the 10 minute evaluation by the one doctor. Or do I wait and send the new letter (by my VA doctor)with the evaluation I am getting on my own by another outside doctor.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would hand carry a request for a DRO Hearing. The Form 9 is used to ask for a BVA Review or Hearing. You don't argue your case on the Form 9. You need to stick to asking for a rating on a DX you can prove. What is your evidence of non combat PTSD? It is all going to come down to evidence either at the BVA or the RO. I am not certain you understand the process. You need to file NOD's on claims that are denied within one year. That is the first step in the appeals process. Why have you waited so long? This makes things tricky. I wound hand carry my NOD's and appeal requests to the VARO and get date stamped copies. Is anyone representing you?