VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Closed, Waiting For Envelope Now

Rate this question

acesup

Question

According to the 800 number, my claim is closed and the letter is in the mail. As I figured, the rep wouldn't give me any clue as to whether or not it was favorable. There was something mentioned that makes me think one or more issues got deferred.

I guess I'll learn something soon, it surely won't be as long as it has been.

If the information have been updated, then the letter generator will show you your percentage. Click on the one as if you need the letter for proof and see what that letter says. It should show you your percentage and effective date.

There is at least tow letters that should show you what you need.:mellow:

Thanks! I'll try it.

Even ebenefits still leaves alot to be desired : - )

I agree. Just being able to see current data re: claims, appeals, etc. would be such a help in reducing anxiety about what to expect and when to expect it. Heck, even the IRS can give you at least a rough estimate of your return. It would be great to at least have an RSS feed available when the status of your claim/appeal changes. So much could be done that's available on other more secure and complex sites. Seems to me they could simply partner with another organization for design, data links, etc. Then again, we wouldn't be the government if we didn't keep everything to ourselves - including innovation. Just my 2₵...

Well one week after getting a notification from the DAV my status on ebenifits has changed to notification. For the last week I only had one letter available in the letter generator and all it tells me is my dates of service

Yes, I did not want to rain on anyone's parade, but my ebenefits has said my claim is "closed" for about 8 months, and I think it is no where near even close, as I just got my claim "Certified" by the BVA, so I am thinking maybe year 2012...I really do not expect anything this year.

Yes, I did hear one person who posted that their ebenenefits said "closed" and then got a decision within a month or so.

Like so, so many other things, RO's are not consistent with ebenefits, as WAC pointed out. One RO has em enter it into ebenefits right away...the others may do it in a few weeks, while others may not bother at all.

While I can certainly appreciate waiting with "baited breath" on the magic envelope...after as many disappointments as I have gone through, I make a conscious effort not to "micromanage" where my claim is at. It is where it is, and the pot will boil when it gets hot enough.

Find something you love to do as an alternative. I know you have things you want to buy...and I am sure you have VERY good reasons why you want (and need!) the money now.

Looking back on it tho...even tho I did NOT get my money in time to prevent foreclosure...and I lost my home waiting on VA benefits, I did manage by the hair of my chinney chin chin to avoid not having a roof over my head. I was homeless but was able to find shelter and not live on the street.

In the bigger scheme of things...five years from now it wont make much difference whether you get it tommorrow,

next week, in six months, or have to appeal again and it takes 4 more years.

Use this time to make improvements to your person. I know I have a long ways to go..but I bet there are some things you would like to get better at, too. You know, like being a better spouse..or parent..or friend..

Yes, I did not want to rain on anyone's parade, but my ebenefits has said my claim is "closed" for about 8 months, and I think it is no where near even close, as I just got my claim "Certified" by the BVA, so I am thinking maybe year 2012...I really do not expect anything this year.

Yes, I did hear one person who posted that their ebenenefits said "closed" and then got a decision within a month or so.

Like so, so many other things, RO's are not consistent with ebenefits, as WAC pointed out. One RO has em enter it into ebenefits right away...the others may do it in a few weeks, while others may not bother at all.

While I can certainly appreciate waiting with "baited breath" on the magic envelope...after as many disappointments as I have gone through, I make a conscious effort not to "micromanage" where my claim is at. It is where it is, and the pot will boil when it gets hot enough.

Find something you love to do as an alternative. I know you have things you want to buy...and I am sure you have VERY good reasons why you want (and need!) the money now.

Looking back on it tho...even tho I did NOT get my money in time to prevent foreclosure...and I lost my home waiting on VA benefits, I did manage by the hair of my chinney chin chin to avoid not having a roof over my head. I was homeless but was able to find shelter and not live on the street.

In the bigger scheme of things...five years from now it wont make much difference whether you get it tommorrow,

next week, in six months, or have to appeal again and it takes 4 more years.

Use this time to make improvements to your person. I know I have a long ways to go..but I bet there are some things you would like to get better at, too. You know, like being a better spouse..or parent..or friend..

That was an outstanding post. Puts things in a different prospective as I keep expecting something to happen. Oh well-I guess I'll go walk the dog-a new hobby to take my mind off this waiting game:rolleyes: