Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally

Rate this question

WVSERVER

Question

I finally received the form letter from VA Huntington that they received my app for benefits. It’s there desire to give me a prompt decision but the are seriously back logged which could cause a delay. Plus they are evaluating rather or not more evidence is needed.

I know it just a form letter but a least I know they received it. Now I am praying they only take a few months. However I know it un-realistic to expect anything from them before the 18month mark.

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hey everyone thanks for the advice and word of encouragement, Halos2 your right I am very glad I found this site, I feel like I build a sold case.

John999 I have no doubt the VA waits people out. I don’t see why they can’t put a time line on every decision, once they pick it up it can only take XXX amount of time.

I know It hasn’t been very long (Mar 2011) since I filed my claim, but I wanted to give everyone an update. I did some checking and called the 1-800 number and was told my case is still in pre phase.

The operator did state that the notes show that my medical records were received that in it self is amazing since I have been trying to get a hold of them since I left the Air Force.

Anyway I know my claim has not been in the system very long just wanted to keep everyone updated. :biggrin:

Haven't been on this web-site for a while and just wanted to give everyone an update. I know there vets that have waited a lot longer then I have. I filed in March of 2011. I just got a call from the Huntington WV VARO. They said the just wanted to update me on the status of my case.

They said the last thing they did was get my service treatment records back in July. They said my case is still in the fact finding phase and that they are tied up working on cases older then mine but that they would eventually get to my case.

I don't want to be too negative; I know there are horror stories of how the VA has treated vets. But I and they just don't jive. I took 8 hr off of work each week to attend school. They have not paid me my post 9-11 MGIB BAH for 2 months now. Its is crazy I thought I was doing a good thing but now I am behind on rent because of them.

They mixed up my bank account # with someone else the first month, paid me on time for 2 months and have now not paid me for 2 months. I am starting to wonder if there out of money. I have called, emailed and called again to no avail. The last time I talked to a case manager they said I would get paid in 3-5 day and that were sorry. I have not seen it yet.

Sorry for been so negative but I just needed to vent. I know it could be a lot worse. The VA said I should contact the Martinsburg homeless vets outreach to see if the will help me get caught up on my rent. I suggested they just pay me on time. :biggrin:

I do slot of lurking on this site just not a whole lot of posting.

I just wanted to keep everyone updated. There has still been no movement on my case since July of 2011 when the VA received my service treatment records. So I am not sure what my next move will be I am considering a couple of options.

Anyway thanks for the work you guy’s and gals are doing hear I pray for success for you all.

Hello WV,,

First ,,,,congratulations that you found this site like Halos said. You are now part of a powerful ,,,I mean POWERFUL group that knows ALL of the ins and outs of the VA. It is because Experience drives our site and its members. You have so many folks here that have been there and done that so basically alot of your work has already been done. You will receive help here and encouragement which is sometimes hard to handle because of the timelines.

I have been here for over 5 years , researched nearly everything I could get my hands on concerning my diseases and VA. This is a learning process that will help if you can grasp for yourself the knowledge and experience that is archived here.

I just won PART of my claim a month ago so it has been sweet to hang on and not die before the decision was rendered. I had several issues that were denied so prepare to APPEAL. Also I had a Pulmonary Hypertension Issue that was IGNORED but should get resolved. Also my appeal process started with a NOD in 2009 and it took till now to get part of it adjudicated.

Remember that the ROs are just finishing 2009 appeals/nods. They are behind and I think you are very fortunate that you are at a BETTER RO than I am, as Jbasser said.

Sooooo to put it in laymans terms... you have power, you probably will win part of your claim, you will probably end up in some sort of appeals process, the VA will try to ignore the evidence and will force you to get a good rep, possibly a Lawyer so as to equal the playing field. The main thing is to stay focused on the timelines , research and learn as much as you can, stay in tune on HADIT and glean from the folks here on your issues/claims. And above all.......remember to NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

Edited by Capt.Contaminate