Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Finally

Rate this question

WVSERVER

Question

I finally received the form letter from VA Huntington that they received my app for benefits. It’s there desire to give me a prompt decision but the are seriously back logged which could cause a delay. Plus they are evaluating rather or not more evidence is needed.

I know it just a form letter but a least I know they received it. Now I am praying they only take a few months. However I know it un-realistic to expect anything from them before the 18month mark.

• Answers 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

C.C Thanks for the kind words and encouragement I really do appreciate it.

Old Ranger 821 I served in Security Forces from 2000 to 2006. Were you in the 821 CSPS during Safe Side?

Yes. The original group that was trained by the 1041st in1968 at Schoffield Bks in Hawaii. Most of the cadre were rangers. That was some intense training we went thru.wacko.pngwacko.pngohmy.pngohmy.png Was at Phan Rang, Bein Hoa, TSN and Pleiku in Nam. My grandson is a SF troop stationed at Nellis at present.

ohmy.pngohmy.pngohmy.png

WOW Nice to meet you Old Ranger 821. I have nothing but respect for you. You guys paved the way for so many.

I was always proud to be Security Forces. I think most of everyone always thought we were a joke because we were in the AIR FORCE. We usually changed there mind once they got to see how we operated.

Once again Sir Thanks you are the first person I have met that served during safe side and was trained by the 1041st. The 1041 is considered the start of today’s Security Forces. We learned a lot about 1041 and the 820s in Tech School.

I never served in any of the 820s, I was in the 91 SFG Minot AFB for my whole enlistment. I am still a little bitter about that. biggrin.png

Thanks WV. Yes . The mindset that folks had of the SF before Safeside was as you said. That completely changed they way the bases in Nam were defended. The 820th is the modern day Safeside. Our Assn has a reunion every other year at Moody and we get to met and see what is new with them. Some really elite guys.

Just to keep everyone updated I am now over 15 months on my initial claim.

My veteran services officers from the State of West Virginia Department of Veteran Services contacted me and said he would look into it and try to get a detailed answer on were they are at on my case.

He also stated he thought this time line was a little longer then it should be for an initial claim but he thought Huntington was still about 120 days behind due to the Agent Orange cases.

Anyway I just wanted to update everyone I know there are those who have been waiting longer then I but when I see a broke system I want to do everything I can to see change to make it a little easier on the person who comes after me.

I have emailed Sen. Rockefeller about 3 times now on my opinions of the system we call the VA and what I think would be good fair changes to the system. He has always has offered to look into my case. But as of now I have not taking him up on that issue.

The Senator did state that it just a myth that your case go to the back and that it would take longer if he looked into it for me. Who knows I don’t want to take my chances I think I will just wait it out.

Praying for everyone’s success

George Booth