VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dav Transportation

Rate this topic

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question If I have DAV take me to my appointments am I still entitled to the travel pay

No. If you are caught, then they can suspend your checks, charge you with trying to defraud the Government, etc... DAV vans are free, so why would you get travel pay?

• HadIt.com Elder

No, you are not entitled to receive travel pay if you use the DAV van. Additionally, you are not supposed to receive travel pay if you car pool w/another person/vet. Only the person who's vehicle is being used is entitled to travel pay. The VA wants you to turn in offending vets for defrauding the travel pay section.

pr

well thats kinda what i figured I have never used the DAV van as of yet but I was considering it as my vechile starting to act up and I am afraid it might break down on me

ok another question I think i read somewhere or heard form someone that DAV dont transport for mental health I dont understand how that could be true but I figure one of you will tell me it aint

well thats kinda what i figured I have never used the DAV van as of yet but I was considering it as my vechile starting to act up and I am afraid it might break down on me

ok another question I think i read somewhere or heard form someone that DAV dont transport for mental health I dont understand how that could be true but I figure one of you will tell me it aint

That sounds like a rumor to me. When I rode one in South Dakota, I never had a problem, nor was I asked what my SC'ed condition was. Maybe there are DAV chapters who refuse to transport MH clients, but I haven't heard of one. Your best shot is to give your local chapter a call, and find out from them.