Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim For Tdiu Approved

Rate this topic

captain soggy

Got a call from the VA. The man informed me my claim for IHD under Nemher had been approved and my effective date was 1992. He said I should be setting down before he gives me the retro pay amount I am owed. Good thing I took his advice. He gave me a number which I wrote down on a piece of paper and gave it to my wife. She thought it was a telephone number. I was totally speechless. He also informed me my claim for TDIU was approved at 100% P&T no future exams required. I did my claim my self with help from forums like Hadit and Jim Strickland and a lot of research on how to do it right the first time. I am still thanking I am going wake up and find this to have just been a dream. I filed my claim for IHD in march of 2010. About 4 months later the VA called and said they had noticed my VA doctor had stated my already 40% rated lumbar DDD had gotten considerably worse and would I like to apply for an increase? So I said yes. Then in august 2010 the VA called and asked me if I wanted to file for TDIU. So I thought sure why not. They went through my claim folder and found old claims I had made years ago rated at SC but 0% rating. It was so long ago I don't remember even making these claims. So I got 60% IHD, 30% asthma, 20% right leg radiculopathy, 10% left leg radiculopathy, 10% tinnitis, and 40% lumbar DDD. The strange thing is this whole thing started when I asked for an increase rating for my 40% lumbar DDD and that was the only that was denied.

Like God the VA moves in mysterious ways.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Capt

That is fantastic news. You say the retro looks like a phone number,ha,ha. Just put it in the bank and get yourself a good financial planner that works on a fee basis. Now you have an estate to manage.

This is FABULOUS News!!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use