Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Depressive And Anxiety Disorders, Not Otherwise Specified Temp And Total To Perm And Total

Rate this question



I am writing because, i changed from local VSO rep to a state VSO rep. The local one didnt inform me about issues that could happen. So anohter veteran i know told me about the state VSO guy, who i talked to he is handling my case. He told me something I am curious if anyone can verify please. The state VSO told me that he believes after 10 years my temp and total would change to permanent and total for Depressive and anxiety disorders, not otherwise specified. Does anyone know if thats true? I have been seeing VA for this since 2006. Just curious about this, my next C&P is in Nov or Dec 2012. Thank you for any help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

I have said this before and I say it again. Some VSO's should not be allowed to live. Case in point just got a claim from a lady who is on pension and is wondering how to increase her award she is living with somebody in the family cause she can not make it. I look at the DD214 and it has a combat award on it, her husband is DEAD from CANCER, but when the couple went to the Service Officer all he did was file for the pension. I am so PO'D I am crying. The VSO never filed for PTSD, Agent Orange connection, not a da#@$!@# thing other than pension. And now the VET is dead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • HadIt.com Elder


You should request to be made P&T. You do this by getting a letter from your doctor that says after reviewing your medical records and examining you it is his/her medical opinion that your condition is static and will not improve. In his/her opinion you are permanently and totally disabled. 100% schedulara or TDIU does not automatically become P&T even after 10 years. Get a Statement in Support of Claim and send it to the RO with your evidence and your request to be made P&T. Send it certified mail return receipt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use