Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tiger Team

Rate this question

grent

Question

I FOUND OUT MY CLAIM OR SOME OF MY CLAIM IS IN A PLACE CALLED THE TIGER TEAM CLEVELAND OHIO

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO GET MY CLAIM SENT BACK TO THE LOCAL VARO

I AM CONSIDERING FIRING MY LAWYER HE HASN'T SENT ME A THING IN THE MAIL

ANY THOUGHTS HERE WOULD BE HELPFUL

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here is VA's explanation of the Tiger Team.

"The Tiger Team expedites resolution of VBA claims for veterans over age 70 and claims pending over one year.  Plans to implement the Tiger Team began in July 2001, and the team became operational in November 2001.  The Tiger Team's goal fluctuates each month, but is never less than the completion of 1,380 claims per month.  Through the end of September 2006, the Tiger Team has completed over 80,000 claims. The Tiger Team is responsible for developing needed evidence, preparing rating decisions, and processing award actions. 

Other VA Activities at Facility:

VA Regional Counsel (216) 522-2481

Minority Coodinator (William Bunkley) - (216) 522-3530 Ext. 3348

Service Organizations at Facility:

American Legion (216) 522-3504

AMVETS (216) 522-3500

Disabled American Veterans (216) 522-3507

Jewish War Veterans (216) 522-2446

Marine Corps League (216) 522-3515

Military Order of the Purple Heart (216) 522-7237

Paralyzed Veterans of America (216) 522-7709

Veterans of Foreign Wars (216) 522-3510

Vietnam Veterans of America (216) 522-3119"

from: http://www2.va.gov/directory/guide/facility.asp?ID=691

• HadIt.com Elder

My feeling or opinion is Tiger Team is a good thing for most Veterans.

My feeling or opinion is Tiger Team is a good thing for most Veterans.

if i fired my lawyer i think the DAV would have to pick me up again because i am a life time member i paid the 125 dollar entry fee.

i dont think they would like it though seeing me after i dropped my lawyer then went back to them but i think i will just stay with my lawyer for now

like i said when the VA was confronted with my lost records 2- 3 weeks later i mean real fast no c and P no medical questionares they revoked my tdiu very quietly and gave 100% p and t

and at that time the DAV said i may be eligible for SMC in fact the DAV officer said "in fact I know your eligible now for SMC based on the lost records.

Ill just see what happens here. One thing i liked about the DAV is that they told me i could work now and make as much as i wanted and they further told me because i am old now they (VA) really dont want to bother with me scheduling any more medical exams aat least the DAV gave me a sense of hope

the DAV told me essentially with all the lost records that were sent to the VA

I threw pie in the VA s eyes the DAV said because i was moved so fast off tdiu to 100% schedular the archives wrote a nasty letter to the VA and said these records were lost

and the fact that a cover sheet came from the archives to the VA that pretty much nailed it my 100% schedular

the DAV also told me not to worry about getting my schedular down graded the DAV SO shook his head and said to me " not going to happen." not with the lost records that were found

what i like about this site is every one here understands your problems and what s going on in your life and its great to be here this is a good place to come for support and research

i hope some day they may have like a had it cook out or something i could write a lot of questions

Edited by grent

if i fired my lawyer i think the DAV would have to pick me up again because i am a life time member i paid the 125 dollar entry fee.

i dont think they would like it though seeing me after i dropped my lawyer then went back to them but i think i will just stay with my lawyer for now

like i said when the VA was confronted with my lost records 2- 3 weeks later i mean real fast no c and P no medical questionares they revoked my tdiu very quietly and gave 100% p and t

and at that time the DAV said i may be eligible for SMC in fact the DAV officer said "in fact I know your eligible now for SMC based on the lost records.

Ill just see what happens here. One thing i liked about the DAV is that they told me i could work now and make as much as i wanted and they further told me because i am old now they (VA) really dont want to bother with me scheduling any more medical exams aat least the DAV gave me a sense of hope

the DAV told me essentially with all the lost records that were sent to the VA

I threw pie in the VA s eyes the DAV said because i was moved so fast off tdiu to 100% schedular the archives wrote a nasty letter to the VA and said these records were lost

and the fact that a cover sheet came from the archives to the VA that pretty much nailed it my 100% schedular

the DAV also told me not to worry about getting my schedular down graded the DAV SO shook his head and said to me " not going to happen." not with the lost records that were found

but then jim strickland helped me get a lawyer and the DAV said good bye and that was that if i remember right that was about 7 light years ago

what i like about this site is every one here understands your problems and what s going on in your life and its great to be here this is a good place to come for support and research

i hope some day they may have like a had it cook out or something i could write a lot of questions for that event

• HadIt.com Elder

I only have this to say about your DAV advice. I am old 67 and I have had 100% P&T rating for 18 years and I would not consider working even if I could. Any mental rating for 100% is subject to review. If your DAV SO is wrong look at what you are risking. If I understand the lost records were found.

My opinion is stick with your lawyer its in the lawyers interest to finish this out also.

Good Luck.