Read Disability Claims Articles 
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tiger Team

Rate this question

grent

Question

I FOUND OUT MY CLAIM OR SOME OF MY CLAIM IS IN A PLACE CALLED THE TIGER TEAM CLEVELAND OHIO

WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO GET MY CLAIM SENT BACK TO THE LOCAL VARO

I AM CONSIDERING FIRING MY LAWYER HE HASN'T SENT ME A THING IN THE MAIL

ANY THOUGHTS HERE WOULD BE HELPFUL

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I have heard good things about the Tiger Team, and dont recommend trying to switch things around once you are there. They are the experience problem solving unit at the VA. Usually this means you have been recommended for the TT by someone at the VA.

I have also heard of people who have tried to get their claim with the TT, but I am not so sure a Veteran can successfully recommend himself for TT.

This is probably good news for you.

You can check your contract, but even if your contract says the lawyer is paid when the RO awards benefits (without an appeal), remember the court has to approve payment to the lawyer. While I have wondered the same thing myself, if you hire a lawyer and the RO (or TT) awards you benefits (without going through appeals) you may not owe the lawyer a dime. You can call him and ask him..if he is well experienced in VA law, he will likely know the answer.

There is something called a "Joint Remand" This is when the parties get together and smoke a joint to decide your benefits instead of consuming Vodka like they usually do. lol. No, its when your lawyer and the lawyers representing the VA agree to a remand. Its kinda of a way the VA admits its mistakes without admitting its mistakes, if you know what I mean. Its the VA equivilant of "settling out of court". You know. someone sues someone for a half million dollars. Well, sometimes they say..gee...your case against us is not that good, but it will cost us to defend this anyway, so how about $50,000 and everyone goes away, and no one admits guilt. Sometimes its a good idea to take their offer as appeals can run for decades.

Hello Grent,

The only time I would get rid of my lawyer would be to get another one. I would never , never, EVER, use a DAV rep over a lawyer. Remember that the DAV is paid by the VA if I am correctly stating it. The Justice Dept lawyers are paid by the Government to defeat you. You have a lawyer at least to EQUAL the playing field and I will tell you that you need every edge you can because the VA will "forget" , lie , deny , wait you out, and do whatever they can to keep from having to give you any benefits if they can. I would never risk going against them without a lawyer.

This site has some incredible people on it. The advice you receive is to help you get your benefits and many people here have done so without a lawyer , but if you have to go along the path of appeals and deadlines and remands and all of the other stuff VA throws at you, you need to be ready to go bear hunting with a bear gun. DAV is not a bear gun. I went that route with them and got their advice which cost me nothing but wasted time. I have a lawyer in claims and also one in malpractice and will probably get another one on any appeal with my Section 1151. I like bear hunting, its dangerous and the bears can hurt you , especially if you are undergunned. Oh yes ,,,, I don't like bear meat as it is way too strong tasting for me. If you have not tasted it , you will probably pass after the first time you try it. Same thing with the VA. As Robert Rourke the author said and the name of his famous book which I have in my library.......USE ENOUGH GUN.

My advice is if you don't like your lawyer then try to get another one. If you notice here at Hadit, Bergman and Moore are very well thought of and sometimes they are on the SVR show on Wed. Above all though please remember to NEVER GIVE UP. God Bless, C.C.

• HadIt.com Elder

I would stick with the lawyer and not risk working if my P&T is for mental condition unless I cleared that with my lawyer. Your lawyer may have some claim to some of that SMC money. With lost records maybe there is a question about EED. Is so you want your lawyer on that since the more you get paid the more he gets paid. I agree with the Captain. Call your lawyer's office and bug him until you get a response. However, if your lawyer will not cooperate then go interview another lawyer.

I only have this to say about your DAV advice. I am old 67 and I have had 100% P&T rating for 18 years and I would not consider working even if I could. Any mental rating for 100% is subject to review. If your DAV SO is wrong look at what you are risking. If I understand the lost records were found.

My opinion is stick with your lawyer its in the lawyers interest to finish this out also.

Good Luck.

OKAY PETE ILL SEND THE LAWYER A LETTER AND LEAVE THE FILE WITH THE TIGER TEAM I FIGURE MY RETRO IS ABOUT 400, $ 490,000 IN BACK RETRO