Jump to content

Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read VA Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

  • homepage-banner-2024.png

  • donate-be-a-hero.png

  • 0

Do I Need To File Another Iu Claim

Rate this question


BUZZ

Question

Couple of years ago I was turn down for IU because I didn't have the right percentage that total up to 40% in one sc claim and I made over the poverty level.Now I have over 40% in one issue for I total of 80%,I put in for an increase and I am waiting to find out the result. Can they automaticly put me on iu now if I get a higher percentage or do I have to file for iu again?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • HadIt.com Elder

You should ask for it with an effective date of when you met the criteria. The VA is supposed to do a lot of things but from what I have senn on Hadit they do precious little unless you request it.

Veterans deserve real choice for their health care.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

",I put in for an increase and I am waiting to find out the result. Can they automaticly put me on iu now if I get a higher percentage or do I have to file for iu again? "

Nothing is automatic with the VA.

I think you would have to file a new TDIU form because I assume your employment issues changed since the last form.And I also assume that you are no longer making wages above the poverty level and your disabilities have gotten worse since yo last appied for TDIU.

In the decision that brought you to 80% they should have considered TDIU. Why did they deny it in that award?

GRADUATE ! Nov 2nd 2007 American Military University !

When thousands of Americans faced annihilation in the 1800s Chief

Osceola's response to his people, the Seminoles, was

simply "They(the US Army)have guns, but so do we."

Sameo to us -They (VA) have 38 CFR ,38 USC, and M21-1- but so do we.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use