Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Read Current Posts 
Read Disability Claims Articles
 Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Success !

Rate this topic

VetsLady

Back in December 2010, my husband received 100% and P&T with an EED of 5 years prior. With that came Chapter 35 for me and ChampVA. Imagine my SHOCK when I called ChampVA in January to find out what I needed to do to set up my benefits....and, they also told me I was eligible to receive ChampVA reimbursements back to the day my husband was award P&T --- which was 5 years prior (after an almost 8 year battle with the VA). My jaw dropped and my bottom lip fell to the floor .... I had no idea. I had insurance for that time frame but we also incurred alot of out of pocket expenses for medical a medical condition I had and a surgical procedure. I gathered up all of the RX claims from the pharmacy and submitted them about 6 weeks ago. Yesterday, numerous checks arrived ......... all for reimbursements of RX expenses. I haven't yet gathered all of the medical bills we paid, but have most of them together and will submit in smaller batches. ChampVA suggested that as the claims will be processed quicker.

I knew I would be eligible for ChampVA if we prevailed in his claim (and I had no doubt we would eventually, but there were several dark and dreary days and nights, and many times, many of you threw me a lifeline or ladder to climb out of that dark and dreary place) BUT, I had no idea we would be able to recoop all of the expenses we paid out of pocket on my behalf and back to the date he was awarded P&T.

Yes, Friday the 13th was a good day.

I married my hero more than 20 years ago ..... and I'm a proud, proud wife of a Vietnam Veteran who spent 22 months there.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You know you the vet can get reimbursed for dental as well that happened while he was waiting for Total disability.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use