wadedenney

Question

PTSD results

sleep impairedment YES

panic attach yes

homicadal or suicidal no

impulse control good

violense yes

Combat stressors, persistant reexperiencing traumatic event, avoidance of stimuli, causes clinically significant distress in social occupatioanl or other functions YES

Diagnosis

AXIS i Post -Traumatic stress disorder

Axis II Deferred

Axis II cad 3 vessel CABG

Axis IV wartime Stressors

Axis V 65

Social Functions Effects: Judgement Yes, Family Relations Yes, Work Yes, Mood Yes

Medical Opion PTSD is MOST Likely Cause or a Result of combat.

COGNNITIVE DISORDER< NOS

Axis I Nightmare Disorder, Anxiety Disorder

Axis II NO dx

Axis IIMany

Axis iv Frustration coping with decreaseing skills

Axis V GAF 55

prevously awarded 10%

Effects, Family relations Yes, Judgement Yes , Thinking Yes, Work Yes, Mood Yes

Also Have Diagnoses for Chronic duodenitis, IBS/ Gulf war GI illness, and Gerd due to gw no pathology

Any idea on possible ratings ? thanks for the help in advance!!!

Vets First

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I dont see the magic words. Occupational of social impairment. It doesnt state your confition makes you unemployabe. I can only guess at 50 percent.\

J

Thanks Jbasser, did not think I was even near UI, being new, just tring to fish for possible rating results for the PTSD, Cognative Disorder NOS currently at 10%, and GWI IBS and Gerd. And with all things at the VA it depends on Who get my file.

Thanks again any further input would be Happly received.

Wade

• HadIt.com Elder

Are you working. It has a lot to bear on your rating. Your GAF is a little high also, If working 30 to 50% for PTSD is not unusual although sometimes can be as high as 70%. If you are not working you should be considered for TDIU 100%. If not working should also ask for Social Security and if you already have SSD than that is another ball game.

Good Luck

Pete53 is right on with the employability issue. All you can do is wait for a rating decision and when it comes you can always appeal. Word of advice; if you're not working and can't hold gainful employment start getting regular monthly sessions with the mental health unit @ your VAMC. You must start building your case for an appeal if in fact an appeal is necessary. There is no, none, ziltch cure for PTSD, period. Don't let anyone @ VA convince you there is, all you can do is manage your symptoms and medications and go to the shrink once a month. Be totally honest with your Doctors', if you feel like hell then state it, it will take time but the constant probing will in itself bring those memories to the forefront and the resulting negative emotions; spike in BP, spike in adrenaline and cortizol and then the Dr. will enter his/her opinion and observations into your C file. Best of luck on your claim and thank you for your service.

I don't know if you can use this with your claim But my VSO helped me fill out a VA Form 21-4192 request for employment information.

Where my EX- Boss made a short Statement saying I was layed of due to my many lost days and time at work due to DR appointments, pain and

having to have others do my work in my absence. He also mentions my inability to maintain working relationships with the other employees

due to my Ptsd. I also filled out a form 21-8940 for increased compensation based on unemployability. My Med- records do reflect social and

personal problems in these areas. = 70%