Read VA Disability Claims Articles
Search | View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users | Rules 

• tbirds-va-claims-struggle (1).png

• 01-2024-stay-online-donate-banner.png

Does Sharing A Kodak Moment Work?

Rate this question

Bigred122

Question

It's been one of those weeks. Ticker has been acting up and the thought that my claim may out live me ticks me off.So I thought I better try something different so that maybe my kid will be able to get what the system screwed me outta of. Since seeing it here and reading a couple of court cases where the Vet gave them tons of medical studies, articles and medical opinions from all over the world about their disability and to see the VA blow off the info. Example: Vet includes Einsteins Theory as evidence. The VA responds: " Although Einstein is well known for E= MC2, it is still ONLY a theory.And since the MC in his theory doesn't stand for Michael Curtis, we have to deny this theory as being evidence of your POSSIBLE disability." Even tho on their ebenefits website, they ask for such information to prove your disability association, they at the end just dismiss this information.

What I want to do is send them some copies of some pictures of me out in the field providing communications for such units as the 72nd Armour and the 32nd Calvary in South Korea. Both of these units are on the APPROVED for AO list. These pictures show us more in the weeds than these units are.lol They tear up alot of ground when they are out there playing and nothing grows there for quite sometime. These are just two of the units that our platoon has provided communications out on field manuevers. I've included a few pictures of us on the other Koreas side of the border and the 20' boat with the single beaver tail paddle we used to get to the other side of the river. They will be able to verify the pictures from their satelittes. I'm sure not to much has changed since 1972!! I've also included a picture of one of my buddies Headstone who I served with in Korea and is in the pictures with me. He passed away in 2003 of cancer. He was a Great friend and a Damn good soldier!! He re-entered the service and did 2 tours in the Persian gulf where he was presented a Bronze Star! The funny thing is, we both enlisted in the service in Oregon. Yet he is buried just 50 miles from where I live now. I was looking for my buddies I served with in Korea to get buddy letters for my claim when I found out about him. The rest of the platoon are still alive according to SSA but that is all that they would give me.I only hope that they are not dealing with all the health problems that Ron and I have dealt with. Ron and I loved what we did and was always the first to volunteer for field manuevers duty.Awwww the stories we shared. Anyway, has anyone tried telling their stories thru pictures. They show where I was, who we were with and the weeds we setup in. Duty rosters are often the type of things that come up missing.I was saving the idea of using pictures for if I got denied.But this weeks flareups has convinced me to include it now to maybe stop a denial on the claim. My AO claim is probably my weakest of my claims especially since seeing all these blowoffs by the VA with medical articles and other studies relating to Agent Orange. Hopefully these pictures will show the VA that these units could not do their jobs without us providing communications to them and Division Headquarters on what their mission was. Where they walked, we walked and etc. These pictures should show the correlation between the two units and what they were exsposed to we also was exposed to the same conditions. Veldrina, have you seen anyone use pictures as evidence??? Mike

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I mean't one of your army pic. I wouldn't recognize you this time and age! LOL

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!

I knew I had to know you! I would love to see that yearbook too! Can you PM me a pic of you so I can relate to whom you are? Yes I do remember Guerra from his pic. Seems like he never got mad and always had a smile on his face. Little chubby Berry, how can I forget him. I do remember the fights he got us into. I don't know why I thought I was in the 3rd platoon, but your right it was the first. Almost 40 years ago, wow. And your right about Park being his name. I knew it was one of them.lol. I don't remember if it was the same outing with the shooting but I remember being up on a antenna mast adjusting the radio antenna when I thought that bee's were flying around me and one of the guys yelled up at me to get down cause the north was shooting at us. lol, I thought it was bee's. Your right, young and dumb. You remember at night the load speakers from across the river would come on and, I can't remember what we called her, but she would say things like GI's go home before it's to late, and telling the blacks to cross over on their side and they'll take better care of them. Had a hard time sleeping those nights. ha. You know Mike I never ever thought I would run into one of the guy's in my unit, much less the same Co. After I left Korea, I decided to go Airbourne and got hurt on a jump, and thats what I'm SC for. I don't see you here on Hadit very much, did you just join us? Keep in touch Brother! Next time we'll talk more on the AO subject that started this post. LOL Don't forget to PM me a pic of you, or if you want, on a regular post, but I wouldn't.

I see your eyesight must be poor so I'll use bigger font. My picture is in the # 13 post where I attached my photos I sent to the VA on my claim.On the top pics I'm on screen left, then screen right with hands in pockets. The boat pic I'm the closest to ya with my back to ya and my back is to ya in the picture of the APC. But on top pics I'm the one with the moustache.I've been here for a few months now and now it is apart of my everyday schedule of things to do. I filed my first claim 8/2010 for a botched surgery back in 1997.Drs lied to me back then and told me I had no recourse.Last summer I found out differently hence now I need a site like this to help with the claim.Funny thing claims are the only thing the Army doesn't have a manual for. Or at least one that they follow. You must be camera shy. Only could find one picture of you.lol I love to fly, but most of the planes I've flown in had either wheels or floats on them so there was no need to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Besides those radios and trailors weighed a couple of tons. Too heavy for my knees!! Take Care of Yourself!! Mike

Edited by Bigred122

I see your eyesight must be poor so I'll use bigger font. My picture is in the # 13 post where I attached my photos I sent to the VA on my claim.On the top pics I'm on screen left, then screen right with hands in pockets. The boat pic I'm the closest to ya with my back to ya and my back is to ya in the picture of the APC. But on top pics I'm the one with the moustache.I've been here for a few months now and now it is apart of my everyday schedule of things to do. I filed my first claim 8/2010 for a botched surgery back in 1997.Drs lied to me back then and told me I had no recourse.Last summer I found out differently hence now I need a site like this to help with the claim.Funny thing claims are the only thing the Army doesn't have a manual for. Or at least one that they follow. You must be camera shy. Only could find one picture of you.lol I love to fly, but most of the planes I've flown in had either wheels or floats on them so there was no need to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. Besides those radios and trailors weighed a couple of tons. Too heavy for my knees!! Take Care of Yourself!! Mike

I zoomed in on your pic's and I can remember you as well as the guy with the hair parted in the middle sitting in the boat. I handle faces perty well, but not names. Your right I never was one to have pic's taken of me. The only photo you have is prob. the one in the yearbook. ha. I prob be hearing more from you on your claim. Later!

!!!BROKEN ARROW!!!