VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA   Claims Questions | Click To Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles   View All Forums | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Indiana (In): Indianapolis

I knew our area in Indianapolis sucked. When I look at the rating scale I clearly see my symptoms in the 70% category and they gave me a 50% rating. Hopefully the appeal will go to the BVA soon. I want to get this resolved before I do a claim for a few other things.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it has been a few more months and still no progress at all. I have sent in 2 complaints through IRIS without any response yet with the latest one coming on 01/14. They say that they will respond in 5 working days my butt. The last response I had said average processing is 576 days. I am closing in on 5 years with no progress and my appeal started in 2009. This is really starting to stress me out with their lack of understanding and compassion. I tried calling and can never get through. I called after hours and scheduled an appointment and no one calls. If I don't hear something soon I would possibly contact the local news media to see if they want to do an investigation.

Sorry to hear of your stress bud, but those dang appeals can easily go on for years. That is why I slid my conditions under the VA, by just reopening conditions, or claiming them as secondary under something else. I am not a fan of appeals as I can not afford to wait years. I actually had a CUE last year, but not worth me fighting for $2500 bucks. Just don't have the strength. God Bless and good luck. Keep us posted. You will win in the end, and that is ultimately all that matters my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a lot for the encouragement. I emailed Mr. McDonald and got a response the same day stating that they would look into it for me but nothing else. It has only been 2 weeks though. I had a very frustrating moment at the VA when a guy was bitching to me that he only has a 30% rating for PTSD. The dude got his PTSD from basic training when they gave him a blanket party and it took 3 months to get it. He said he believed he deserved at least 50%. I am 50% and did 2 tours of combat, one in Desert Storm and Somalia.

I went to the VA and stopped to see the benefits rep who said my claim has suddenly moved to the decision phase after it has sat idle for 5 years. He told me straight up that he was baffled that it sat so long and apologized. He said I should hear something soon.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use